| PRO šŸˆ Bama in the NFL - 2023 season thread

I think Derrick has another 2 good 1000+ yard seasons in him still.

At least another two 10 touchdowns seasons also.

If he stays with the Titans or goes elsewhere I hope he's still the feature back and can rack up some yards and TDs. Right now I think he's a fringe HOF player and with a few more good to decent seasons he should be solidly in the HOF.

Also just seeing him, he's still got at least 4 more years left in him.

Hypothetical if he gets 4 seasons worth of yards and let's say he gets around 4000 yards in those 4 seasons. He also gets roughly 35 TDs in those seasons.

He would be 9th all-time in rushing yards

and

He would be 3rd in Rushing Touchdowns

and

He would be tied for 9th all time in Touchdowns

I just hope he gets at least 4 more good years, if he doesn't get injured and plays like Peterson until he's around 38 he could legitimately push close to all-time leader in some of the categories.

Damn. I got off the light rail in downtown Minneapolis late one Sunday night, had a 2 block walk to the hotel. Train runs through the airport so I couldnā€™t appreciate just how cold it was. Had my coat packed in my luggage. Pushed the button to open the train door and instantly froze up. Ran the 2 blocks, walked into the hotel and it felt like 300 degrees in the lobby. The bell guy and workers were panicking because I didnā€™t have a coat on. Walked over to check in and my fingers wouldnā€™t release my luggage handle. I couldnā€™t straighten them up to let go and get my wallet. The wind chill was -47. My face, ears, hands, feet all hurt. Needless to say, I didnā€™t leave the gerbil tubes that entire week. It was brutal. They even have a cold threshold to dictate when schools let out. I think it was -20 or -25, so when it got that cold, schools are cancelled.

Imagine getting hit NFL-hard when itā€™s -30. Thatā€™s going to feel rough.

Imagine getting hit NFL-hard when itā€™s -30. Thatā€™s going to feel rough.
Weird how they'll stop a game immediately with a thunderstorm where lightening may kill someone...but here, where it's deadly? Play Ball!

Off topic a bit...seems like would have considered moving the game up instead of having it as a night kick off. At least people would, hopefully, have some sunshine.

Weird how they'll stop a game immediately with a thunderstorm where lightening my kill someone...but here, where it's deadly? Play Ball!

Off topic a bit...seems like would have considered moving the game up instead of having it as a night kick off. At least people would, hopefully, have some sunshine.
A ray of hope as they sit there and suffer!

I haven't looked, but if I was McDaniels, I'd have had the team in Kansas City all week long. I think I read Miami is 0-10 in their last 10 games when the weather is under 60 degrees. I'm going to hold some hope, but I'm holding out some hope. Maybe some things will go Miami's way... maybe Mahomes will break his thumb on the 1st play.

I haven't looked, but if I was McDaniels, I'd have had the team in Kansas City all week long. I think I read Miami is 0-10 in their last 10 games when the weather is under 60 degrees. I'm going to hold some hope, but I'm holding out some hope. Maybe some things will go Miami's way... maybe Mahomes will break his thumb on the 1st play.
Funny enough, Patrick Mahomes isn't very good when the weather is below 30 degrees either so Kansas City will need to rely heavily on the run game and hope some short passes connect.

Wind and cold will also be a factor for kicking situations and deep throws.

I remember nobody giving the Titans a chance to beat them a few years back and then it got cold and snowy and throwing was very rough. Derrick Henry just took the game over because who wants to tackle that man in that weather.

Back
Top Bottom