| FTBL Alabama-USC game canceled with Pac-12 moving to league-only play

What a surprise. 135,000 people in this country have died, 135,000 families have lost a loved one, countless others are dealing with the after-effects of a terrible virus (my family included), and snowflakes here are melting because their precious football season is in peril.

Grow up. This is bigger than football. Show some class.

What a surprise. 135,000 people in this country have died, 135,000 families have lost a loved one, countless others are dealing with the after-effects of a terrible virus (my family included), and snowflakes here are melting because their precious football season is in peril.

Grow up. This is bigger than football. Show some class.

Ha, and yet you probably have no issue with abortion which causes more death than this. Talk about showing class.

I'm also curious to what steps you are personally taking during flu season to make sure you aren't passing on the illness that could result in killing folks. You staying home and away from everyone is what I'm expecting to hear.

Let me also ask how many hundreds of thousands are hired to work these football games, and the players themselves that rely on these sports to give them a future and a life? You're calling people classless because WAY more people are affected by the loss of a sports season than that have unfortunately passed. It's not classless to make sure we have a future economy and people get to keep their houses and the lights on. It's all bigger than you and plays into the biggest game, sweetheart.

Last edited:
My favorite JW quote

. “Government has no wealth, and when a politician promises to give you something for nothing, he must first confiscate that wealth from you — either by direct taxes or by the cruelly indirect tax of inflation.”

Ha, and yet you probably have no issue with abortion which causes more death than this. Talk about showing class.

I'm also curious to what steps you are personally taking during flu season to make sure you aren't passing on the illness that could result in killing folks. You staying home and away from everyone is what I'm expecting to hear.

Let me also ask how many hundreds of thousands are hired to work these football games, and the players themselves that rely on these sports to give them a future and a life? You're calling people classless because WAY more people are affected by the loss of a sports season than that have unfortunately passed. It's not classless to make sure we have a future economy and people get to keep their houses and the lights on. It's all bigger than you and plays into the biggest game, sweetheart.

I’m opposed to abortion.

If you think this is equivalent to the flu, perhaps you should learn to read.

justify it all you want, but deep down you know why you want the season.

I’m opposed to abortion.

If you think this is equivalent to the flu, perhaps you should learn to read.

justify it all you want, but deep down you know why you want the season.

I'm glad to hear your opposition to that.

Well clearly it's different or it wouldn't be called something else. The point was you apparently have the belief spreading this virus is different than spreading another virus that kills just as many people worldwide per year. I'm simply curious as to why you feel one is different than the other and why your actions are ok to be different between the two. The flu is very contagious as well.

On your last comment, you are correct, I want it for my entertainment, but I of course want it for the economic impact it has on folks. How can hundreds of thousands of lost jobs help any of us? I don't want folks to lose jobs, houses, cars, life savings, and their world to unravel. I also do not want to see guys coming back to school get screwed out of millions. Here we hammer guys for leaving early and making mistakes, now we have a nice core coming back for once and they are going to get screwed. The big topic is black economic oppression, and not playing the season is truly going to affect that aspect of this. Do I want to see that? Of course not. Here's a novel idea, ask the players. Let the players vote. It's their lives and future, so let them decide like they are the professional athletes. All of these guys are legal adults and can vote, so let them decide. Also, let the people decide if they want to attend. If folks are scared, they can stay at home and watch on tv. If people want to be badasses and go, let them go. Can Tuscaloosa survive with no football? Not the University, but the hotels, restaurants, and shops.

From someone within the team...if they had the vote, they'd vote to play, today. They understand what's going on and especially how it affects their age group.

• Contrary to what Uptownboy posted below on the players TI 2020-07-11 22:42:50
  • A strong team source told me today that if the players voted, he'd be shocked if one voted against playing this season. Many players have tested positive & many have recovered (most never knew they had it, but that doesn't mean it can't be serious). They're not living in fear. If they don't play the season, you can bet they won't be isolating either.

Back
Top Bottom