| BSB/SB ⚾ #12 Alabama opens SEC play with a series win over #5 Tennessee (Sunday: 7-6 W)

The Crimson Tide and Volunteers will meet for the 123rd time in series history on Friday

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. –
Alabama baseball will officially open Southeastern Conference play this weekend as the 12th-ranked Crimson Tide hosts the sixth-ranked Tennessee Volunteers at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. The opener on Friday is set for a 6 p.m. CT first pitch followed by a 7 p.m. start on Saturday and a 1 p.m. open in the series finale. Game one of the series will air on SEC Network+ with the final two matchups receiving national attention on SEC Network.

The series will feature numerous promotions at The Joe as Alabama opens conference play. The theme for this weekend will be 'SEC Opening Weekend at The Joe' with the Right Field Terrace open to all fans for each of the three games with the Vols.

Sunday's series finale will feature free Alabama baseball Saint Patrick's Day T-shirts for fans. Game three will also begin 'Kids' Day at The Joe'. All kids 12-and-under can purchase a $5 general admission ticket. Children will also have the chance to run the bases postgame. Additionally, Sunday will be the Tide's first baseball card giveaway of the season. The giveaway part is part of a season-long promotion highlighting the 2024 roster. Kids can get their pack of cards and stay after the game to get autographs from the group of players featured on this Sunday's set of cards.

Follow the Tide

Fans can follow the series via the below outlets:
Watch: SEC Network+ (Friday) / SEC Network (Saturday | Sunday)
Listen: 100.9 FM / CTSN / The Varsity App
Twitter: @AlabamaBSB
Live Stats: RollTide.com

george-seinfeld-genie.gif

All I had to do was ask I guess. Great job finding a way.

That's right. I was very unsure after Game 1, but we really fought hard. Great job by the baseball team.

Glad we got one from Georgia in softball. We haven't looked great this series, but getting one is better than none.

This team won't match up well every weekend in terms of overall talent (especially guys with a lot of SEC expereince), but they don't lack confidence. And that close knit bond they developed last spring when Bohannon got fired really carried over under Vaughn, and that's going to help them some. I think it helped them today.

How long has it been since the Tide opened SEC play with a series win? Goff?

Good question, I'd have to look. Feels like it's been a while. Last year I think was Florida, and they should have won that series based on how they played, but they let it slip away from them. A few years ago, I remember the opened at Arkansas when Arky was ranked top 3. Bama pounded them that Friday night, but then lost the next 2. Almost a reverse situation to what they had this weekend when the Vols jumped all over them Friday night.

Good question, I'd have to look. Feels like it's been a while. Last year I think was Florida, and they should have won that series based on how they played, but they let it slip away from them. A few years ago, I remember the opened at Arkansas when Arky was ranked top 3. Bama pounded them that Friday night, but then lost the next 2. Almost a reverse situation to what they had this weekend when the Vols jumped all over them Friday night.
LSU...'15 or '16? Gonna look. (Not a fan, AT ALL, of the new rolltide.com site.)

Back
Top Bottom