| NEWS Conf. realignments, 2023: The PAC 12 is now the PAC 4, but still a P5.

So who out of ACC we would want?
It's all personal opinion with everyone's thoughts/choices.

I like the idea of having both VA schools: another game we can watch during Thanksgiving weekend. We already watch FSU and UF that weekend and having that as a conference rivalry would be fun. We're going to see TX and OU soon...these new conference rivalries but old rivalries still... it just makes sense to me. The two, or three, NC schools. UNC vs UofSC would be a fun weekend.

Notice a theme? As I was typing it dawned on me that those choices sure seemed based on regional rivalries.

If you're wondering ...

We already have as many "orange teams" as we need.
There are already three "Tigers."
Clemson is just another Auburn.
Miami is just another Auburn, but in a different sense.
BC, meh. Another Vandy.

The Big 12 should have come in and swooped up what Pac-12. The TV markets and it being on that side of the country could have been HUGE for all of those schools. I understand they took in a number of schools to make up for Texas/Oklahoma, but adding Oregon, Washington, Washington State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Stanford would have been huge for them. Forget those idiots in Berkley, leave them out to dry. The academics would have been a decent add as well as the TV markets.
Looking at the TV market and then looking at how many people are watching some of these teams tell different stories. IE: Look at Rutgers and their TV market and then consider how many people, in that market, are watching them play football.

Utah and Washington are on the same level as Mississippi State: giving a few thousand. They are behind schools like Kansas State. More watch UCF than Arizona.

Two, maybe two and a half years ago Stanford cutting 10 or so sports programs due to lack of funding. After criticism, lawsuits, and they like they decided to reverse that decision.

Now, they're still seeing the short end of the stick with their revenue...but they're aware! :rolleyes:

Looking at the TV market and then looking at how many people are watching some of these teams tell different stories. IE: Look at Rutgers and their TV market and then consider how many people, in that market, are watching them play football.

Utah and Washington are on the same level as Mississippi State: giving a few thousand. They are behind schools like Kansas State. More watch UCF than Arizona.

Understood, but one has to think Arizona is bringing more in other sports than Central Florida. Basketball and baseball programs are what to watch for going forward. Baseball has come a long ways with viewership opportunities and will only increase.

Understood, but one has to think Arizona is bringing more in other sports than Central Florida. Basketball and baseball programs are what to watch for going forward. Baseball has come a long ways with viewership opportunities and will only increase.
You start comparing UCF to Arizona and you'll find one with a little more recognition today than say a decade ago. Now, not so much.

The three new additions do bring in bigger names. They haven't been bringing in more viewers.

Back
Top Bottom