| FTBL 18 (now 46) players on Deion Sanders-coached Buffaloes in transfer portal

He's 27-6. In the last two years he's undefeated in conference play: 16-0.

If we're looking to fill check boxes, the one beside "wins" ...

Against who though? Have you seen the shape most of his opponents are in when it comes to facilities and finances that go into those programs? He can beat up on them, but fully acknowledged he had no desire to get smashed playing a team like Alabama, but then he wants to tout the athletes he has and they could play anywhere. He talks out of both sides.

He's 27-6. In the last two years he's undefeated in conference play: 16-0.

If we're looking to fill check boxes, the one beside "wins" ...
Neon doesn’t want to develop players… Saban turned a lot of lower tier guys into pros…Maybe Neon will be a pro coach but he is not college material..

Do tell how schools in the SWAC differ from one another so drastically. Grambling, Florida A&M, Alabama A&M, Texas Southern ... these are not JSU's peers?

Go look at how much Deion put in with his own money to get facilities completed for his guys. Go look at Grambling and the facilities they use. Misappropriations of funds and corruption run rampant in the SWAC. Sure, Deion brought in higher caliber recruits because of his name, but he's still living off the NIL through contacts and the love from ESPN bringing awareness to his program over all others. That's revenue and other types of allure that Jackson State has received over all others.

Are you suggesting he is simply that much better of a coach than his SWAC peers? Has nothing to do with his name, the money he offered recruits, and the fact he put his money to benefit the program?

Go look at how much Deion put in with his own money to get facilities completed for his guys
You got caught up in headlines, Casey.
Go look at how much Deion put in with his own money to get facilities completed for his guys. Go look at Grambling and the facilities they use. Misappropriations of funds and corruption run rampant in the SWAC. Sure, Deion brought in higher caliber recruits because of his name, but he's still living off the NIL through contacts and the love from ESPN bringing awareness to his program over all others. That's revenue and other types of allure that Jackson State has received over all others.

Are you suggesting he is simply that much better of a coach than his SWAC peers? Has nothing to do with his name, the money he offered recruits, and the fact he put his money to benefit the program?
He pledged half of his salary; half of 300K.

And you're telling me that this 150K made that big of an impact on one school versus that of their peers? Over what, a two year period?

He brought in recruits because of his name. That's an issue?

He's able, through his name, to help his players secure NIL deal's and that's a point of contention?

You bring up Grambling and facilities. Alabama State is lauded as having the best in the SWAC; another peer of Jackson State and one with an advantage.

What I am suggesting is that there is a lot of criticism of Deion as a college coach. I not suggesting, but implying it comes from his time as a player.

Any judgment beyond what's been seen is unfounded.

He's recruited well and won as a college coach. Seems simple.

Two assertions, based upon what?
Based on him… He told players to hit the portals….Which to me was “Go to Hell “ moment…A very bad look… How can someone trust him to have their back…He only wants the cream of the crop?.. He has to earn it…He has been very rude and arrogant since he started…

You got caught up in headlines, Casey.

He pledged half of his salary; half of 300K.

And you're telling me that this 150K made that big of an impact on one school versus that of their peers? Over what, a two year period?

He brought in recruits because of his name. That's an issue?

He's able, through his name, to help his players secure NIL deal's and that's a point of contention?

You bring up Grambling and facilities. Alabama State is lauded as having the best in the SWAC; another peer of Jackson State and one with an advantage.

What I am suggesting is that there is a lot of criticism of Deion as a college coach. I not suggesting, but implying it comes from his time as a player.

Any judgment beyond what's been seen is unfounded.

He's recruited well and won as a college coach. Seems simple.

He has claimed to put over $1M into their program of his own money, not just the half salary story you're speaking of, an advantage.

Bringing in recruits due to name was never mentioned as wrong, it was an advantage.

NIL, no point of contention, but it is an advantage.

You bring up Alabama State, but look at Oregon and the fact they have a mega donor giving them whatever they want. Facilities isn't an end all be all, but it's nice to have. Still gotta have the horses to put the facilities to good use. Jackson State was merely catching back up and getting ahead after Deion's arrival.

He has recruited very well, but that's all we can derive from your statement. The fact that he can coach against mediocre talent is still unfounded. Winning doesn't mean you're a good coach or even coaching well. Larry Coker comes to mind at Miami, Ed Orgeron at LSU (figured you'd like that one), and countless others even in the SEC. NIL has supported him more than anything. We'll see how competitive he is this season after immediately overhauling his roster, having his self-proclaimed stud son at quarterback, former #1 recruit Travis Hunter playing, and a lot of other guys he recruited. Be interesting to see how he does against Dan Lanning and Lincoln Riley, both at new schools with only a year or two under their belt. Be interested to see how he fares against programs like Washington and Washington State that are middle of the pack. be very fun to see Arizona and Arizona State against him considering they are pretty bad.

My only issue (not that it matters) is he was preaching HBCU, HBCU, HBCU to these players. Then first chance at P5 (a typically lily white one at that), he gone!!!
I have no issues with someone moving up or bettering their position, but to flat out lie to recruits is just bush league to me. And yes he did flat out lie, my son is friends with several kids he recruited. Very disingenuous person, he’s ultimately looking out for his son only.
Is he a good coach??? Maybe, we will see.

Based on him… He told players to hit the portals….Which to me was “Go to Hell “ moment…A very bad look… How can someone trust him to have their back…He only wants the cream of the crop?.. He has to earn it…He has been very rude and arrogant since he started…
This strikes me as funny. We're talking about a program in the depths of hell, and your interpretation of the head coach telling players they need to move on is a "go to hell" moment. (Wouldn't that be a lateral move? 🤔 ) Players are encouraged to move on all the time; in every division, every program. This isn't a big deal: we all KNEW the UC roster was not good.

This strikes me as a little odd as well. Questioning trust of someone who blatantly tells other players the truth? "I'm changing the culture and you don't fit." How is that a bad look when you're talking about a program that's in horrible shape? Was it the phrasing that bothered you? Was it the transparency in public on how, and why, he was rebuilding the roster?

I'm baffled seeing him tell the world what he was going to do, do it, and now people are upset because he did what he said he was going to do.

Another ... "He wants to have the cream of the crop," BUT, "he has to earn it." And a 26-7 record as a head coach isn't a coach earning it? Hell, I didn't care for his persona in the pro's or at FSU for that matter: but those two periods in his life are also part of what he's earned and why he would want the cream of the crop.

2023, Deion, and Colorado.

They open at TCU. Oregon, Utah, and UCLA are three of their road games (WSU.) USC comes to won as does Arizona and OSU. (They have another OOC, a P5 school, but I can't think ...)

I suspect the O/U on total wins is going to be 3 to 3½. If I could play props (without driving to Cherokee) I'd take the under. It's too much of a cultural shift, too quickly.

"Man, did you see what Trump just did? What he said?! Damn."
~"Dude, it's Trump."

"Man, did you see what Sanders just did? What he said?! Damn."
~"Dude, it's Deion."

~ "Dude, did you see what Sanders' record was?"

"Yeah, but he's rude and arrogant."

"Dude, did you see what Trumps ..." :ROFLMAO:

The similarities aren't too much of a stretch, eh?

s
This strikes me as funny. We're talking about a program in the depths of hell, and your interpretation of the head coach telling players they need to move on is a "go to hell" moment. (Wouldn't that be a lateral move? 🤔 ) Players are encouraged to move on all the time; in every division, every program. This isn't a big deal: we all KNEW the UC roster was not good.

This strikes me as a little odd as well. Questioning trust of someone who blatantly tells other players the truth? "I'm changing the culture and you don't fit." How is that a bad look when you're talking about a program that's in horrible shape? Was it the phrasing that bothered you? Was it the transparency in public on how, and why, he was rebuilding the roster?

I'm baffled seeing him tell the world what he was going to do, do it, and now people are upset because he did what he said he was going to do.

Another ... "He wants to have the cream of the crop," BUT, "he has to earn it." And a 26-7 record as a head coach isn't a coach earning it? Hell, I didn't care for his persona in the pro's or at FSU for that matter: but those two periods in his life are also part of what he's earned and why he would want the cream of the crop.

2023, Deion, and Colorado.

The open at TCU. Oregon, Utah, and UCLA are three of their road games (WSU.) USC comes to won as does Arizona and OSU. (They have another OOC, a P5 school, but I can't think ...)

I suspect the O/U on total wins is going to be 3 to 3½. If I could play props (without driving to Cherokee) I'd take the under. It's too much of a cultural shift, too quickly.
He will fail…karma will come for him…the pride comes before his fall..

Some of those players put their heart and soul into the university…he tore it out…

My only issue (not that it matters) is he was preaching HBCU, HBCU, HBCU to these players. Then first chance at P5 (a typically lily white one at that), he gone!!!
I have no issues with someone moving up or bettering their position, but to flat out lie to recruits is just bush league to me. And yes he did flat out lie, my son is friends with several kids he recruited. Very disingenuous person, he’s ultimately looking out for his son only.
That's a legitimate issue. And yet, it's (HBCU) just another talking point; another of many narratives on coaches.

We can sit here and point to many coaches who preached one thing, did another. Say, the good ol' Reverend Freeze. Are you suggesting you didn't find motivation from his daily devotionals? Hell man, he went to the point of underlining passages!

I have an issue with Freeze. But ...

Is he a good coach? Well, he's won. Is he a good recruiter? Yeah, even with his history he'll be able to recruit.

He will fail…karma will come for him…the pride comes before his fall..
Step back and look at this for a second ...

You're talking about pride and fall in reference to a guy who named himself "Prime Time" and lived up to the billing—and more.
Some of those players put their heart and soul into the university…he tore it out…
The upperclassmen haven't seen 10 wins in their career at UC. Neither heart, nor soul, has a "W."

That's a legitimate issue. And yet, it's (HBCU) just another talking point; another of many narratives on coaches.

We can sit here and point to many coaches who preached one thing, did another. Say, the good ol' Reverend Freeze. Are you suggesting you didn't find motivation from his daily devotionals? Hell man, he went to the point of underlining passages!

I have an issue with Freeze. But ...

Is he a good coach? Well, he's won. Is he a good recruiter? Yeah, even with his history he'll be able to recruit.
Freeze is another scumbag all together. His BS at the high school should have his sorry ass in prison!!!!!

1000% agree with you here.

Step back and look at this for a second ...

You're talking about pride and fall in reference to a guy who named himself "Prime Time" and lived up to the billing—and more.

The upperclassmen haven't seen 10 wins in their career at UC. Neither heart, nor soul, has a "W."
He will crumble into dust… he wont even be
Competitive for at least two years…he won’t even be able to keep a team together… his so-called superstars that he brought from Jackson State won’t even match up man to man with USC, Washington or Utah…

Back
Top Bottom