| FTBL Whats the odds of Star jackson being starting qb

BigAl

Verified Member
next year? And dont turn this into a slam JPW thread. All i want is your ideas and thoughts.I think its entirely possible because i believe Saban started Russell as a freshman to didnt he? I know this is a different time and place but time will tell. I think Saban wants a more mobile qb. And your thoughts are.....

BigAl said:
next year? And dont turn this into a slam JPW thread. All i want is your ideas and thoughts.I think its entirely possible because i believe Saban started Russell as a freshman to didnt he? I know this is a different time and place but time will tell. I think Saban wants a more mobile qb. And your thoughts are.....

Russell shared the duties with Marcus Randall and Russell wasn't effective at all with his mobility his first year on the field. Matt Flynn saw action in 8 of the games that year as well.

Russell was redshirted his freshman year, when they won the title. He split time his redshirt freshman year with Randall, and started 4 games.

He was the starter his sophomore year on.

To the question, No.

Hmmm...I don't know squat about Star other than what I read here and there. The one thing I've read over and over is that he is raw. I assume that means he'll need some time, and Saban and company will work hard to develop him. If that's the case I'd be very surprised if he's ready next year. Correct me if I'm wrong but by being a freshman he won't even get the playbook until what August???

I really look for him to play a good bit but I don't look for him to start with road games to ARK, TENN, GA, ans LSU but I do look for CNS to have a hook on John next year just the places on the road will be real hard on him to play IMO

I wouldn't necessarily rule out the possibility of him coming in and starting, but I highly doubt it. He would also have to come in and learn the whole playbook, which lessens the possibility.

Fanuzzi moreso than Gmac. Don't be surprised if Gmac, Johns, Woodall and a couple of others are not on the roster next year. I'm not saying that will happen, but I do know that about 5 guys are currently exploring their options as it relates to transferring. Even though this is not confirmed, I'm saying it so that you guys are not surprised if and when it does happen. This is all part of the process, and that process will claim more casualties from the Shula years.

RTR
BamaSon25

BamaDelta said:
Hmmm...I don't know squat about Star other than what I read here and there. The one thing I've read over and over is that he is raw. I assume that means he'll need some time, and Saban and company will work hard to develop him. If that's the case I'd be very surprised if he's ready next year. Correct me if I'm wrong but by being a freshman he won't even get the playbook until what August???

It depends on when he comes in to campus. He won't see the practice fields until August, but a lot of these kids come in for Summer II and start working with the S&C program. Which, would also put them on campus and able to work in skel drills.

It's being reported that Cliff Stoudt has received an offer to enroll in January with his scholly back counted towards this year. That would give Stoudt a spring camp advantage over Jackson.

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:

It depends on when he comes in to campus. He won't see the practice fields until August, but a lot of these kids come in for Summer II and start working with the S&C program. Which, would also put them on campus and able to work in skel drills.

It's being reported that Cliff Stoudt has received an offer to enroll in January with his scholly back counted towards this year. That would give Stoudt a spring camp advantage over Jackson.

Cliff's out of eligibility. Now his Son, Zack... :D

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:

Cliff's out of eligibility. Now his Son, Zack... :D

RTR,

Tim

Geez...thanks Tim.

I would have to say that Fanuzzi would have a much better shot than him to start, but I think JPW will probably start out as the starter and be the starter most of the year without injuries.

BTW, when BamaSon25 speaks, we should listen! :)

musso said:
crimsontradition14 said:
Though I'm sure whatever decision Saban makes will be the correct one.

;sh

GOHlogoBig.gif

Back
Top Bottom