| NEWS Update on Waddle's injuries

There’s apparently a small possibility that Alabama’s injured star wide receiver could be back before the end of the season.

Jaylen Waddle, who suffered a fractured ankle vs. Tennessee Oct. 24 that was announced as a season-ending injury, is set to have his cast removed this week, per sources. There continues to be a lot of optimism regarding his recovery and recovery timetable to the point that — while it’s still unlikely — there’s at least a small chance he could be back for the College Football Playoff should the Crimson Tide make it there, according to sources.

As much as I would love to see him back in a BAMA uniform again , it would be selfish to ask him to potentially risk it all for a game or two ... We have the offensive talent to play with anyone.....

However , I believe the defense will actually decide if we will win a championship this year or not .. All of the teams that will make the playoffs will have legit offenses , we haft to be efficient on 3rd to consistently get the stops ... to try and separate ourselves from them . The games like the ole-miss game leave to much to chance and put super amounts of pressure on the offense to haft to score every time out .

As much as I would love to see him back in a BAMA uniform again , it would be selfish to ask him to potentially risk it all for a game or two ... We have the offensive talent to play with anyone.....

However , I believe the defense will actually decide if we will win a championship this year or not .. All of the teams that will make the playoffs will have legit offenses , we haft to be efficient on 3rd to consistently get the stops ... to try and separate ourselves from them . The games like the ole-miss game leave to much to chance and put super amounts of pressure on the offense to haft to score every time out .
How is it selfish when Kenyan Drake came back from a broken arm to help win championship for the school? How is it selfish? If Waddle wants to come back and play, then I am pretty sure the team would welcome him back with open arms.

Waddle is just a flat out difference maker. If he is indeed healthy bring him on for any game even if the last one. Of course none of us would want him to risk his future but if he is indeed healthy it is a no brainer. I personally think it is doubtful but what do I know about the medical and rehab process for this injury? I would think the chances increase since he is at bama and will get the absolute best treatment and rehab possible.

How is it selfish when Kenyan Drake came back from a broken arm to help win championship for the school? How is it selfish? If Waddle wants to come back and play, then I am pretty sure the team would welcome him back with open arms.
Agree...he wont risk anything.... more than anyone that walks out on the field...
If he can play....fine...if even a decoy...fine...if a cheerleader..fine

and the CFPs could have a few moreweeks delayed....
Thats a month n half or more til Playoffs

Agree...he wont risk anything.... more than anyone that walks out on the field...
If he can play....fine...if even a decoy...fine...if a cheerleader..fine

and the CFPs could have a few moreweeks delayed....
Thats a month n half or more til Playoffs

That delay is a big factor for Waddle. Yes, he has proven what he's had to prove to the scouts, but I don't think he came back to Bama so he could watch his team win a NC.

If im not mistaken , Drake was never considered the #1 running back coming out and was trying to prove he deserved to be drafted . And i never said ; if he wanted to come back the team wouldn’t welcome him back . But if your poor or not rich and have a chance to make some generational money , why risk that ? Its proven that players coming back to soon try to protect one injury and cause another . He needs to rehab and cheer from the sidelines. If we dont win a championship this year , it wont be because of offense.

If im not mistaken , Drake was never considered the #1 running back coming out and was trying to prove he deserved to be drafted . And i never said ; if he wanted to come back the team wouldn’t welcome him back . But if your poor or not rich and have a chance to make some generational money , why risk that ? Its proven that players coming back to soon try to protect one injury and cause another . He needs to rehab and cheer from the sidelines. If we dont win a championship this year , it wont be because of offense.

Najee and DaVonta came back risking millions. It sickens me when a young guy gets scolded when grown men are risking it as a business decision and not just allowing these guys to make a decision for what they want. At 16 years old choosing their visits and ultimately making a decision at 17-18 is billed as a business decision. We need to back off and allow them to make the decision they want for whatever reason they want. Maybe millions of dollars aren't what his priorities are. Maybe they are for us or the next guy, but maybe not him. It's become big business and nothing is more pathetic than idiots like Finebaum, Steven A, and others like Skip Bayless call these guys "stupid" or "idiots" for making the decision they want. Prying into other people's lives has created a lot of vitriol in this country. Facebook and Twitter allow people to air their laundry, but the steps taken after that by some is pathetic.

Yesterday it was posted on another fan site that Waddle is scheduled to have his cast removed this week. Without knowing prognosis on when it was supposed to be removed there's speculation it's earlier than normal. That notion, "he is farther into his recovery," all due to him having a cast removed has now led to "he might be back."

The cast isn't off. And then, he's likely going to be in a boot for a few weeks.

Najee and DaVonta came back risking millions. It sickens me when a young guy gets scolded when grown men are risking it as a business decision and not just allowing these guys to make a decision for what they want. At 16 years old choosing their visits and ultimately making a decision at 17-18 is billed as a business decision. We need to back off and allow them to make the decision they want for whatever reason they want. Maybe millions of dollars aren't what his priorities are. Maybe they are for us or the next guy, but maybe not him. It's become big business and nothing is more pathetic than idiots like Finebaum, Steven A, and others like Skip Bayless call these guys "stupid" or "idiots" for making the decision they want. Prying into other people's lives has created a lot of vitriol in this country. Facebook and Twitter allow people to air their laundry, but the steps taken after that by some is pathetic.

Neither of those players were coming off an injury so close to the draft . And if for some crazy circumstance Waddle came back and was re injured , he would still be drafted sure but in a lower round to where he would haft to play for his second contract to make the money he would have gotten in his first contract. Lets get this straight, im not saying I wouldn’t love to see him out there doing his thing for BAMA again . Im saying there is A lot for HIM to lose if the unthinkable happened .

Neither of those players were coming off an injury so close to the draft . And if for some crazy circumstance Waddle came back and was re injured , he would still be drafted sure but in a lower round to where he would haft to play for his second contract to make the money he would have gotten in his first contract. Lets get this straight, im not saying I wouldn’t love to see him out there doing his thing for BAMA again . Im saying there is A lot for HIM to lose if the unthinkable happened .

I meant to make the comment that my post was not directed at you or lumping you in with the guys I named, so I apologize if you took it that way.

Yesterday it was posted on another fan site that Waddle is scheduled to have his cast removed this week. Without knowing prognosis on when it was supposed to be removed there's speculation it's earlier than normal. That notion, "he is farther into his recovery," all due to him having a cast removed has now led to "he might be back."

The cast isn't off. And then, he's likely going to be in a boot for a few weeks.
HaaaHaa.......you came in like the “bucket of water“ on their hung up dogs. Awesome

MAYBE for the final, but don't expect him for the first round. I doubt that doctors will clear him.
I can understand that and would tend to agree... but what leads you to that thought?

I’m not saying you’re wrong... just we really have no way to know what progress he has made and where he’ll be in 3 weeks.

I just went back and looked to see when he broke it. That was October 24.

The average bone break takes 4-6 weeks to heal. Granted Waddles injury was anything but average.
Given the fact that Waddle is young and in great health, has superior nutrition along with the best therapy and healthcare on the planet......I would not be surprised if he was back by the first play off game. I'm not banking on it, but that is 10 weeks after the initial accident. It wouldn't surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom