| NEWS Update on Waddle's injuries

I know its fun to think about the possibility of seeing him out there one last time, but folks would do well accept it ain't happening and not get their hopes up. The good news is, he's obviously progressing really well and will be ok. Much better outlook than the day it happened.

Whose to say.... he looks at the value Najee/Smith built for himself
..and come back...probably not...but we said same about najee n smith...
And mac comes back...and 2 on oline...

and its called...going DeVonta ..
Players all over the country ...say..."heck, yes...i am going deVonta "and return

Awesome......
Dreaming,....i know

Last edited:
I know its fun to think about the possibility of seeing him out there one last time, but folks would do well accept it ain't happening and not get their hopes up. The good news is, he's obviously progressing really well and will be ok. Much better outlook than the day it happened.

there is a part of me that doesn’t want him to play even if he were cleared. I feel awful anytime a player is hurt but would feel especially bad if he came back and got hurt again during a playoff run. I am ready for him and several others to go reap the monetary rewards for all they’ve done for UA

Just a short video as an update to Waddle's rehab. He's moving, but I don't see any jogging or slow motion cutting. It's not the definitive status update, but it's something.

Not sure what that video supposed to be, but none of them are running or cutting. Looks like a stretching session.

Saban said last week Waddle was jogging and straight line running. Will he be able to play Jan 1... who knows... but I doubt they’d know until early mid next week anyway.

I think he will play Jan 1st, That's next Thursday. If he already practicing iwth team in light capacity last week.. then I expect him to stay in town and continue to rehab for rest of the week. So I think he's on track.

I think he will play Jan 1st, That's next Thursday. If he already practicing iwth team in light capacity last week.. then I expect him to stay in town and continue to rehab for rest of the week. So I think he's on track.
Let's define practicing. Monday he was stretching out with the team but wasn't in pads. I can't call that "practice."

He's from Houston so there is a little travel distance there and you have a good point about rehab. Whether he stays in T-town or not for the three days they get off? I don't know. I can't see a reason to stay if he can continue his work at home for a day or two.

And FWIW, I'm with Brandon here. I've seen nothing that gives me reason to think he'll be back this season. He still had a noticeable limp Saturday.

Let's define practicing. Monday he was stretching out with the team but wasn't in pads. I can't call that "practice."

He's from Houston so there is a little travel distance there and you have a good point about rehab. Whether he stays in T-town or not for the three days they get off? I don't know. I can't see a reason to stay if he can continue his work at home for a day or two.

And FWIW, I'm with Brandon here. I've seen nothing that gives me reason to think he'll be back this season. He still had a noticeable limp Saturday.

Yep, he looked to be favoring that leg in the video I saw. When I saw that I knew he wasn't coming back this season. No knock on him of course, but it he looked to be walking very gingerly on it.

Who said he's practicing with the team?
"With the team during practice" would certainly be true. You can see him in Monday practice highlights on the official site.

Seven days ago Saban said he was running on a treadmill. He also said "he wasn't practicing." That running could be on the zero-gravity treadmill. I don't know.

To me it seems like the comment "he wants to come back and play this season" has been translated to "he might."

"With the team during practice" would certainly be true. You can see him in Monday practice highlights on the official site.

Seven days ago Saban said he was running on a treadmill. He also said "he wasn't practicing." That running could be on the zero-gravity treadmill. I don't know.

To me it seems like the comment "he wants to come back and play this season" has been translated to "he might."

He attends practice but isn't participating in practice. We would all love to see him play, but I'm betting "NO."

None of us knows... it's all speculation. I bet even the training staff doesn't know... it will all depend on this week and how he progresses.

I have no idea how good or bad the odds are... but I'm just not that worried about it either. If he's ok, he'll play. If he's not he won't. I don't think Saban nor our medical staff are going to push him into something that he's not really ready for... or would cause greater injury. It'll be what it is...

Back
Top Bottom