| FTBL Tim Watts said something that caught my attention. "They are continuing the 'Saban camps?'"

It sounds like they kept the scheduling and the format of the Saban camp. To keep things simple because it was already planned.. So I think next year will show different camp. Having a camp to make kids earn scholarship that's smart. Nothing is given.

Word of mouth and his reputation. I think you mentioned the other day, that lot of coaches is just now finding out who he is.
They knew who he was. Just sort of "bypassed" it when he arrived. I said Kirby was watching, FWIW>

Damn. He built Michigan's roster, and then Washington's...I don't get why people don't get this.

They knew who he was. Just sort of "bypassed" it when he arrived. I said Kirby was watching, FWIW>

Damn. He built Michigan's roster, and then Washington's...I don't get why people don't get this.
I have not followed things in this area after CNS got to Tuscaloosa because well you just knew he was going to bring in talent and be easily top 5 but reality top 1 or 2 in recruiting. My perception is that Bama talent pool is greater than either of the two you refer to. The recruiting standard has been Bama ... This is why I "do not get it" because I am using the Bama standard of the past and no one matched that standard.

I have not followed things in this area after CNS got to Tuscaloosa because well you just knew he was going to bring in talent and be easily top 5 but reality top 1 or 2 in recruiting. My perception is that Bama talent pool is greater than either of the two you refer to. The recruiting standard has been Bama ... This is why I "do not get it" because I am using the Bama standard of the past and no one matched that standard.
IF we limit this to rankings on sites...he's ahead of Saban at this point of the year. If we want to limit this to verbals...he's ahead of Saban right now.

If I was making this up, it would be one thing...but. I'm not.

IF we limit this to rankings on sites...he's ahead of Saban at this point of the year. If we want to limit this to verbals...he's ahead of Saban right now.

If I was making this up, it would be one thing...but. I'm not.
Signing day is what matters. Top 1 or 2 is the standard the last 17 years. It is a high standard and almost impossible to meet. It seems unfair to have these expectations on CKD but would be happy to see him meet them.

I would say hmmmm not quite.
Pretty close with the exception of a couple of years.... The two that missed the mark that I recall was Saban's first class where he only had a couple of weeks to recruit and the first year under the new signing day in December. Regardless certainly top 5 consistently....

Why is Kirby watching ckd and Courtney Morgan ?
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make an offer to Morgan either over this summer or after the season. He's been recruiting well as has his staff but one thing Saban and Kirby both covet is good recruiters and Morgan is probably the best in the nation right now. Just watch all these kids his brings in, he relates very well to them, their family, and has an uncanny ability to connect personally with them which resonates. Just look at these visit weekends and all the commits we get. I think I saw a picture earlier with him smoking a cigar with Merrit's family or maybe it was someone else's family but that's the kinda connection and relationship that wins these recruiting battles. Saban knew it, win the family, almost 100% gonna win that recruit.

Top 1 or 2 is the standard the last 17 years. It is a high standard and almost impossible to meet
Two thoughts here.

One, the #1 ranked class isn't a lot different from the #8 class. Sometimes it literally comes down to a school signing more players.

Two, it's not a "impossible to meet" goal. It's also something that doesn't deserve as much attention as it did five years ago. The portal changed everything. A #10 class with the right additions in the portal could have the most talent coming in versus any other school but it won't be "ranked" that way.

Two thoughts here.

One, the #1 ranked class isn't a lot different from the #8 class. Sometimes it literally comes down to a school signing more players.

Two, it's not a "impossible to meet" goal. It's also something that doesn't deserve as much attention as it did five years ago. The portal changed everything. A #10 class with the right additions in the portal could have the most talent coming in versus any other school but it won't be "ranked" that way.
THIS!

Back
Top Bottom