| FTBL Tim Watts said something that caught my attention. "They are continuing the 'Saban camps?'"

You can't look at it in this context any longer. It's in the same sense as we've talked about defensive numbers. The game has changed.

Rarely is there that much of a difference in a #1 class and a #6 class. Or #8. And now with the portal?
I agree the portal has changed things but when we see our classes not being in the top 5, I believe that will be a signal that the talent gap in T-Town is decaying. My 2 cents. Can you supplement it with portal sure but I still believe the formula for sustained success is top 5 recruiting and pull from the portal strategic needs.

As you know we continue to disagree about defensive perfomances as well :).

but when we see our classes not being in the top 5, I believe that will be a signal that the talent gap in T-Town is decaying.
I’m already prepared for it. I’ve been kidding tongue-in-cheek a bit lately because it’s sort of funny to me how excited some people are getting over 3 and 4 star commits when we’re accustomed to finishing 1 or 2 in recruiting every year. It’s inevitable that our talent advantage will fade without the best to ever do it on our sideline and in a drastically different era. But then again, I think talent disparities will fade across the whole landscape. The new rules are forcing dynasties out and more parity in, whether we like it or not.

But hey, give me a roster full of 3-4 stars who are committed to the program, who prioritize their development over playing time, and want to build culture and a sustainable future for themselves rather than quick money. Of course we will still need a few blue chips at critical positions and occasional portal help, but I think rosters full of blue chips will be a nightmare in this era. Saban already said as much after the Rose Bowl when so many of his players came to him demanding PT and $ for next season.

I agree the portal has changed things but when we see our classes not being in the top 5, I believe that will be a signal that the talent gap in T-Town is decaying. My 2 cents. Can you supplement it with portal sure but I still believe the formula for sustained success is top 5 recruiting and pull from the portal strategic needs.
Here's the thing. It's June 12th. Alabama's classes haven't been in the top five at this point in the season...BUT. (Notre Dame doesn't have a better class than UGA.)

Screenshot 2024-06-12 8.34.07 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom