| MBB/WBB The 2 long standing National Champion trends... do they hold for another year?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
If so, it means bad news for Alabama. And while it's more fun than than it is predetermined destiny type stuff, it's still a neat trend (trends in this case) to look at. These are often talked about, so this isn't breaking news or anything I just dug up.... they get brought up year after year. Let's start with the KenPom trend that since 2002, every national champion has finished the season ranked in the Top 40 in KenPom Adjusted Offense and also Top 25 in KenPom Adjusted Defense. There were 9 teams that met that criteria heading into the tournament... Just 2 remain standing of the 4 teams left.

Houston
Creighton

UConn
Marquette
Purdue
Tennessee
auburn
North Carolina
Arizona

Now, my favorite, and more weird trend... Since 2004, every national champion has been ranked in the Top 12 of the Week 6 AP Basketball Poll. Those teams from this season...

1. Arizona
2. Kansas
3. Purdue
4. Houston
5. UConn
6. Baylor
7. Marquette
8. Creighton
9. North Carolina
10. Gonzaga
11. Oklahoma
12. Tennessee

Same 2 teams... But here's to Alabama crashing the party and breaking the annual trends...

alabama is the exception here. They enjoy being down couple times and ten rally to the end and win the game... half of the time.

Connecticut is efficient. You can take that mindset into some games, but playing #1 you better come with a better plan. No different than facing us in footbalk, your normal gameplan won't work, you just better hope we mess up and it rarely happens.

Connecticut is efficient. You can take that mindset into some games, but playing #1 you better come with a better plan. No different than facing us in footbalk, your normal gameplan won't work, you just better hope we mess up and it rarely happens.
Look at the pace of the game, Casey. (While you are making my hats) If they can get them at "our" pace...it's a Bama game

I would imagine that Oats will take the approach of his practices and “do what we do” and push the pace and take 1 of 3 shots, layups, 3’s, and FTs. No pressure on our boys or staff! The pressure is on UConn to repeat.

Back
Top Bottom