| OT I wonder what it's like to be a kid when your dad is Coach DeBoer, or Coach Oats. What are you thinking?

TerryP

Staff
Saban came from the NFL. So, I would think that his two kids were a little "used to" the attention spotlight.

I can't escape the question of what DeBoer's kids thought when he said, "I'm thinking about taking the Bama job."

What did Oats kids think with the same question? Buffalo to Bama is one thing. The difference in their lifestyle, another. What does a kid think when their dad is coaching high school basketball and then, a few years later, is making millions?

DeBoer is in living in the house across from Saban. What does a kid think in the morning, eating breakfast, looking at where they are?

This ramble leads me back to John Mark. So oblivious to what the pressure was for his dad...but good lord did he have fun.

When I was about 12 or so we were fishing and I mentioned to my dad about some girls on the sandbar, got to talking big with my cousin, he turned the boat around and pulled up to the girls laying out and says these boys wanna talk to y'all. Don't think I said a word. Never was much for sandbar partying, if I was in the water I wanted to be fishing.

When I was about 12 or so we were fishing and I mentioned to my dad about some girls on the sandbar, got to talking big with my cousin, he turned the boat around and pulled up to the girls laying out and says these boys wanna talk to y'all. Don't think I said a word. Never was much for sandbar partying, if I was in the water I wanted to be fishing.
We're in the same boat. But...

It's pretty easy to hit catfish on either lake. There's a dock/landing/filling station/restaurant They have pictures of 80,90,100+ lb catfish on the wall.

I'm digressing here...

We were camping on one of the island a few years ago. Burned off the land, put up tents, the whole works. Dropped a trot line on Marion. Two boats, three guys, and we lost three catfish that day that we couldn't get in the boats. Dude. Patrick (who stands about 6'6", 250) had one in his arms hugging it like it was his wife. Lost it. That damn fish was almost 6'.

Going back to the subject...

It's pretty easy to get a "haul" out there. After a good day of fishin', stopping by one of the sandbars is like stopping by a bar, for a cold beer, after day at work. Except...the scenery is different.

Back
Top Bottom