The supa slam {Thread has gone political and it's been moved to non-sports}

That was a suplex not a DDT Bama1966... lol

Sorry, I understand he could have landed on his head and it been bad but I dont think there was anything malicious in terms of attempting to injure anybody. He just got caught up in it and slammed him... only way that was a "Nick Fairley tackle" is if it was 10 seconds after the whistle...

Sorry, I understand he could have landed on his head and it been bad but I dont think there was anything malicious in terms of attempting to injure anybody. He just got caught up in it and slammed him... only way that was a "Nick Fairley tackle" is if it was 10 seconds after the whistle...

And then driving his helmet into his chest

I didn't like it. Whether or not he got caught up in the moment or not, he knew what he was doing when he picked him up and then leaned back and did that. The player was stopped, all he had to do was use his own weight to bring them both down. It reminded me of some Miami Hurricane crap from back in the day! I would have liked to have seen Coach Saban pull him and give him the Bill Curry facemask ass chew right there on the spot.

I'm with Birdman on this one. I don't have MUCH issue with the way he decided to tackle the kid...if this was in a close game there's probably a penalty, and then nothing else comes of it after that. BUT, we were putting a whoopin' on them and at that point Mizzou was just trying to get the heck out of there.

That being said, he deserved a penalty. But a suspension?

Last edited:
If this was done to a bama player such as AJ I feel there would be cries of outrage. No class displayed on that play. Plus it looks like he was fortunate that he didn't hurt himself the way his knee was twisted during the take down. Coach will take care of the issue . I'm sure he was excited to be out on the field and he is a freshman I believe. Lets hope he learns something from this.

haha i just posted this on fb, and my cousin a current bama student commented on it : "He's in one of my classes". i commented back: get his autograph on a pic of the suplex :td:

Looks like this hit is getting a good amount of pub. http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Ha well if this had been done to a QB then we wouldn't be having this discussion.. kid would've been gone right then

Exactly - can't compare this to a hit on a QB because QB's are a whole different story nowadays. Look, this wasn't a clean tackle, no doubt. That's why he got flagged. The main reason why everyone's even talking about it is because there was only a few minutes left in the game, and we had the game well in hand. Missouri was ready to be in the locker room, and Fanning was excited to be playing and took the tackle too far.

While this tackle wasn't clean, I've seen worse. Check out this hit from Rolando.

[video=youtube;97aZ2Wd51pQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97aZ2Wd51pQ[/video]

Back
Top Bottom