| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Piggies?

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around it continuously being a difficult scheme. I mean, these guys are some of the brightest minds in the sport and we're expected to believe with all the film, practice, and meetings they haven't been able to find a way to get players to understand it? This is where you have to assess whether your scheme is even effective since you can't seem to run it with high end athletes. I'm also not dumb enough to think the players are 100% innocent here. But they aren't THIS bad.

I'm not so worried about guys being five stars, I was just naming a couple of guys that got scorched at Alabama a number of times, but turn around and are All-Pros in the NFL getting $100M contracts.
So, do you think Saban lets PG go after the season?

I believe the issue this year is in the middle with the physicality and speed issues with #10 (I know he had 13 tackles this past game but). Then the safeties, #2 and #14 struggle and for some reason #13 appears to have taken a step back. To make things worse, on the Ark TD to the RB over #8, Saban said that #8 is not who should have been covering him. How are these kind of things still happening in game #11?

As with all things it will never be just one thing. Players and coaches both have to accept some responsibilities. However since this has occurred over multiple years you have to lean towards coaching and/or scheme. The head guy has to own this one in the off season and fix it. In my view it is past time to do so.

Back
Top Bottom