| CURRENT EVENTS The Presidential Race: The Democratic National Convention

I did not think it would happen, but sure looks like the Dem leaders are aligning now (Pelosi, Obama, others...) and taking Biden's legs out from under him. A lot of reports and speculation that he will bow out of the race, possibly this weekend... I guess time will tell, but for the first time, especially after seeing Pelosi take her concerns publicly (via leaks) and Obama putting it in reverse (according to reports), I don't think he makes the ticket.

The question, and drama, then becomes... who does? I don't see any way they can navigate around Harris moving up to take his spot... but I doubt that excites too many in the party either. And if she does take his spot, who becomes her #2? Whitmer? This is gonna get wild...

I did not think it would happen, but sure looks like the Dem leaders are aligning now (Pelosi, Obama, others...) and taking Biden's legs out from under him. A lot of reports and speculation that he will bow out of the race, possibly this weekend... I guess time will tell, but for the first time, especially after seeing Pelosi take her concerns publicly (via leaks) and Obama putting it in reverse (according to reports), I don't think he makes the ticket.

The question, and drama, then becomes... who does? I don't see any way they can navigate around Harris moving up to take his spot... but I doubt that excites too many in the party either. And if she does take his spot, who becomes her #2? Whitmer? This is gonna get wild...
Her #2 will be Newsom

Her #2 will be Newsom
I don't think that happens. I think he has greater aspirations than staying in her shadows, and you could argue remaining CA governor is higher profile than VP. Also, the question of what would happen to California electoral votes would probably require one of them to change their state of residence ahead of an Electoral College vote. Newsom has family property in one of the mountain states, I believe.

I don't think that happens. I think he has greater aspirations than staying in her shadows, and you could argue remaining CA governor is higher profile than VP. Also, the question of what would happen to California electoral votes would probably require one of them to change their state of residence ahead of an Electoral College vote. Newsom has family property in one of the mountain states, I believe.
I'm trying remember if this is just a fleeting thought; or I remember this correctly. Poli Sci class in the "fridged bitch."

People point to the "racial" element of replacing the entire ticket. If I'm not mistake, since the "War Chest" was for the Biden/Harris campaign, on of them HAS be on the ticket.

I'm trying remember if this is just a fleeting thought; or I remember this correctly. Poli Sci class in the "fridged bitch."

People point to the "racial" element of replacing the entire ticket. If I'm not mistake, since the "War Chest" was for the Biden/Harris campaign, on of them HAS be on the ticket.
They can Super PAC that money anywhere they want.

BUT, I'd watch the money and see how much of it gets "consultant" diversions to Biden interests. That will be part of the deal.

After last night and some of the reporting I read I think it’s Newsom at the top of the ticket with either Hakeem Jefferies or Gretchen Whitmer

After last night and some of the reporting I read I think it’s Newsom at the top of the ticket with either Hakeem Jefferies or Gretchen Whitmer
Newsom's certainly a capable speaker, but that financial record in California...spending like a drunken sailor, knowing what's around the corner, was incredibly irresponsible.

In the end, one of his spending cuts will likely mean "private" water owners will profit tremendously. That will benefit his largest supporter and continue his payback to the Resnicks for short-circuiting his recall.

Back
Top Bottom