| CURRENT EVENTS The Texas Border "showdown." I've been trying to think of an adjective to describe this situation from my point of view.

TerryP

Staff
I'm not baffled by the situation. The POTUS encouraged it in 2019 on the campaign trail.

Fascinated seems like it carries some degree of entertainment. Gladiator comes to mind, "Are you not entertained?" Both morbid.

So, Biden give Texas a deadline to allow BPA access to cut razor wire. We know what Texas has as her stance: "he WILL NOT."

I see two scenarios; neither are a win.

We may see the administration send agents in to cut wire and allow more illegal immigrants to enter the country. In an election year, allow more? Not a good move.

What if they stand down and allow Texas to secure Eagle Pass; he looks weaker in his role.

Some interesting constitutional angles to this as well.

The Supreme Court ruled, so Texas has no choice no matter how big of a fit governor hot wheels throws
Once again, you can't address the policy. You resort to name calling.

Sometimes, I really don't believe you think before you speak. Abbott is upset because he has millions of illegal immigrants invading Texas and you chose to call it "pitching a fit" capped off with "governor hot wheels." Now you've resorted to making fun of people with disabilities. Geez.

And, once again, you don't understand the constitution: 10th amendment.

In a sense, I hope they allow them to cut the wire and then watch as they put it right back up again. It'll still be within the SCOTUS ruling. Hell, give me a lawn chair, a beer, and a little music and I'll watch. With the emphasis on DEI hirings I'm sure to see more than a dozen stuck. :ROFLMAO:

I have a relative that supports where this is headed. Of course, have to take into account he owns a razor wire company. :devilish:

Once again, you can't address the policy. You resort to name calling.

Sometimes, I really don't believe you think before you speak. Abbott is upset because he has millions of illegal immigrants invading Texas and you chose to call it "pitching a fit" capped off with "governor hot wheels." Now you've resorted to making fun of people with disabilities. Geez.

And, once again, you don't understand the constitution: 10th amendment.

In a sense, I hope they allow them to cut the wire and then watch as they put it right back up again. It'll still be within the SCOTUS ruling. Hell, give me a lawn chair, a beer, and a little music and I'll watch. With the emphasis on DEI hirings I'm sure to see more than a dozen stuck. :ROFLMAO:

I have a relative that supports where this is headed. Of course, have to take into account he owns a razor wire company. :devilish:
The Supreme Court ruled. Simple as that. They can put it up a thousand times and it’ll get cut a thousand times.

Repubs only like SCOTUS when it rules in their favor.

Nobody has a bigger border with Mexico than California and Newsom isn‘t pitching a fit

Once again you draw up conclusions about me without knowing shit. I do in fact know the constitution and the 10th amendment. This isn’t the federal government, this is SCOTUS. You know the same court that reversed RvW and made y’all dance the happy dance?

I heard that the SCOTUS did NOT rule, but threw it back to the ruling of the lower court before it went to SCOTUS.

Look no further than NYC or Chicago to find fit pitchers for the illegals being shipped to them.

Nobody has a bigger border with Mexico than California and Newsom isn‘t pitching a fit
He was in SC, last night, pitching a fit.
Once again you draw up conclusions about me without knowing shit. I do in fact know the constitution and the 10th amendment. This isn’t the federal government, this is SCOTUS. You know the same court that reversed RvW and made y’all dance the happy dance?
This is why I ask QUESTIONS. If you don't answer, what conclusion should anyone draw?

Not evil, illegal…..
It’s in the name…..
And yes they are wreaking havoc in these border towns……
My ex wife’s cousin lives in San Diego, and why is it ok for them to have a wall but not Texas…..
Because it’s a red state….
Most of those men are enemy soldiers..wearing the same backpacks.. all walking in step.all wearing boots, even in shorts.. most stand at parade rest.. most have military haircuts… we will all see soon, they are here to wreak havoc..Hope most all of us are ready to fight back..

Not evil, illegal…..
It’s in the name…..
And yes they are wreaking havoc in these border towns……
My ex wife’s cousin lives in San Diego, and why is it ok for them to have a wall but not Texas…..
Because it’s a red state….
Nobody said there can’t be a wall…..red state should’ve already had the wall you since their leader swore he was building it and Mexico was paying for it, but the reality is red states and their reps don’t want immigration reform they need a new hill to bitch on since RvW is gone

I’ll bet he wasn’t in Charleston pitching a fit about those “evil immigrants”
You are an idiot. I said SC. I have a client in Bluffton (Pearl) that I met...he was in town, I stopped to listen a bit.

You didn’t ASK anything to do with the constitution, you assumed I didn’t know
This is a backward statement. Every decision made should be based on constitutional law. Every comment I've made, unless stated otherwise, has referenced said law.

Back
Top Bottom