| FTBL SECG week...y'all wanna talk about Georgia?

BAMA fans need to show up and try to keep the split as close to 50/50 as we can. We were shook most of yesterday’s game. A couple penalties on us and auburn made a play or two and the crowd got into it. And the old BAMA started to rear it’s ugly head.

If our Offense shows up like we did vs lsu we probably win. But our defense can’t play like they did yesterday. They got timid scared to give up “the” big play and was out of position often giving up the big play.

For us to win this game I think Milroe will need to have his best game ever be decisive and pull it down and run. He had some poor decisions yesterday. Cut down on penalties and get some help from the dawgs and couple of TO's would help.

I will take Bama straight up IF we play a clean game. Say the same thing in every game Bama has played under Saban. Been very few games where the other team was just better. I can count those on one hand and still not use all my fingers on that hand.

My big concern about this game is our defensive line. If Alabama had any defensive line from the 2008-2017 teams, I'd say we actually stand a good chance of beating their ass. But the guys this year seem raw and unpolished, and against a very physical UGA team, they'll have their work cut for them. I think one of the reasons why we've had so much success against UGAy is that they've always been a physical/pro-style team, and Saban's defensive expertise is geared towards shutting those types of teams down. UGA doesn't run some gimmick offense like Auburn that's good for winning the Iron Bowl every other year.

We've typically always had the physical edge on UGA in the past, but that is not the case this year. Thankfully Mike Bobo is their offensive coordinator, and while he isn't bad, he certainly isn't the guy they had last year. Also, its hard hard as hell to three-peat in sports. The closest team in football that came close was San Francisco in 1990; they probably could've won it all that year had the GMEN not ended Joe Montana.

Mando, you just beat me to it. We'll be the best team Georgia has played and vice versa. Coach Saban and staff will coach different / better against them they did against awbarn. awbarn somehow gets in Coach Saban's head and he coaches different it seems. It seemed to me Jalen was held back yesterday, maybe to keep him healthy for the Championship game.

He'll need to have his best game and the rest of the team will as well. We'll beat their ass if that happens and then be mad at the sunuvabitches because they stay ranked above us in the CFP poll.

Alright.... Can Bama Beat Georgia? Sure.
Can we get the job done? Sure.

You want me to be honest? Sure.

I don't know. It's 50/50 to me...
That seems to mean they are even.... Given they are 2 time NC at this point and we have been reeling since we lost to them that is all we can ask for. I like our chances with CNS on the sideline. One thing I do know is this team will not quit. Now Georgia my play their absolute best game and with their talent they would be hard to handle. We have some pretty good talent also. Just have not always played cleanly that is for sure. Milroe and his athelticism could be the X Factor. Would be nice to see the D play waaaaaaaay better than they did yesterday against the Barn.

Jalen was held back yesterday, maybe to keep him healthy for the Championship game.
If you look at his stats it is hard to say they held him back. He had almos 400 yards of offense alone.

Last edited:
That seems to mean they are even.... Given they are 2 time NC at this point and we have been realing since we lost to them that is all we can ask for. I like our chances with CNS on the sideline. One thing I do know is this team will not quit. Now Georgia my play their absolute best game and with their talent they would be hard to handle. We have some pretty good talent also. Just have not always played cleanly that is for sure. Milroe and his athelticism could be the X Factor. Would be nice to see the D play waaaaaaaay better than they did yesterday against the Barn.

If you look at his stats it is hard to say they held him back. He had almos 400 yards of offense alone.
I'm not going to go out of my way to get anyone's hopes up but you kinda nailed it right there.

We have opportunity to win the game if we don't play like we did last night. We can definitely find Georgia's holes and this is not the same team that was dominating last year. Beck is very good, but He hasn't been pressured in the last few games.

I'm not going to go out of my way to get anyone's hopes up but you kinda nailed it right there.

We have opportunity to win the game if we don't play like we did last night. We can definitely find Georgia's holes and this is not the same team that was dominating last year. Beck is very good, but He hasn't been pressured in the last few games.
Covering their tight end, controllng the line of scrimmage and blocking their DL will be our challenges. Milroe is the X factor that turns negative plays into positive plays. Will it be enough? We will see. Our pass rush and DL needs to show up period.... They also have as much depth as we do so it is going to tak a 60 minute game. We have done that a few times.

Covering their tight end, controllng the line of scrimmage and blocking their DL will be our challenges. Milroe is the X factor that turns negative plays into positive plays. Will it be enough? We will see. Our pass rush and DL needs to show up period.... They also have as much depth as we do so it is going to tak a 60 minute game. We have done that a few times.
For UGA (all starters)-

TE Brock Bowers in pads on Saturday vs GT, but did not play. Ankle swelling got worse this week per reports. Likely for SECCG.

WR Ladd McConkey in street clothes vs GT, no way he could have gone. Back and Ankle. Questionable.

WR RaRa Thomas in jersey but no pads, likely out until bowl season at best. Unlikely.

OG Tate Ratledge, on the sideline in good spirits, word is he could have played but didn't need him vs GT. Game time decision.

LB Jamon Dumass Johnson, no update. Broken arm a few weeks ago. If he plays, it will be in a club. Has not played since his injury. Status unknown.

Those are the big ones for UGA.

Add putting pressure on the QB. He hasn’t been rattled. He needs to be.

We got Key and Lawson back in the Barn game but they did not play well. For that matter the D did not play well. Hoping they got the game speed back under their legs. We need them to play well Saturday.

So who gets the assignment to cover their TE?

We got Key and Lawson back in the Barn game but they did not play well. For that matter the D did not play well. Hoping they got the game speed back under their legs. We need them to play well Saturday.

So who gets the assignment to cover their TE?
Bowers didn’t play against GT. He’s having soreness and swelling in his ankle. McConkey didn’t play either.

Bowers is so hard to deal with because he is a mismatch against anyone. I would not be a fan of Cambpell trying to cover him. I was assuming someone like Moore would draw the assignment.

Agreed. I don't think Campbell is fast enough to guard him. I'd take speed over size here because I have never seen size be able ro run with him.

Bowers is so hard to deal with because he is a mismatch against anyone. I would not be a fan of Cambpell trying to cover him. I was assuming someone like Moore would draw the assignment.
I don't know if our safeties can keep up with him. If you have to depend on secondary to keep up with Bower, then that's not good at all. It should never lead to secondary to stay on him.

How do you stop him? Playing coverage won't help much because he is very aware of the game situation and where to find the holes. So, we'll need to bring mixture of coverages such as zone and man to man, to keep them guessing and Downs/Moore/Key and others needs to be very physical and aggressive.

My suggestions to the guys who is covering Georgia receivers on the offensive side: Play through the hands, knock the ball out. They love to hide their players once the ball is snapped so keep eyes on where they are and make sure everyone is locked in... Do that and Georgia will struggle.

Injury wise, unless Jace is truly injured, we're in pretty good shape. Key and Lawson will be closer to 100% this week and we desperately need some good run defense this week. Georgia will do their best to dominate the LOS on offense and we need to not let that happen or we will have another long day like Auburn trying to keep up against the offensive sides.

Back
Top Bottom