| FTBL SECG week...y'all wanna talk about Georgia?

You realize you are saying the same thing I've said for years: comments you've disagreed with in the past. :devilish:

This defense is going to get beaten by a TE or RB against a OLB, ILB, or one of the S's.

On that same note...

No matter the defense or team every squad out there is susceptible to a dual threat quarterback: including the style of defense Kirby employs.
And this uga team....has played nobody....there best win was a beat down tennessee team.....ok.....missouri...but...really?
From a competitive standpoint,......
They may well find a competitive to the end team....something they havent dealt with...
As the found out in the 21 cc game

On yesterday's SEC Network's Read & React (highly recommend the show) Roman Harper broke down "HIS" offensive game against UGA to be focused on throwing the ball 35-40 times, with the probability that Milroe runs for 8-10 of them on QB scrambles. I think he is on to something.

This defense is going to get beaten by a TE or RB against a OLB, ILB, or one of the S's.

Isn't Kirby's defense weak in the same area's?

To that end, if I had to bet the house on which QB can handle pressure better, it'd be Milroe simply because he's had more experience with it. Do you think our DE's or OLB's can make a difference impacting Beck?

You realize you are saying the same thing I've said for years: comments you've disagreed with in the past. :devilish:

On that same note...

No matter the defense or team every squad out there is susceptible to a dual threat quarterback: including the style of defense Kirby employs.

You'll have to refresh my memory on what I have disagreed with on that. I have always said we are susceptible over the middle and the fifteen yard buffer between backers and safety eat us alive. CJ Mosely was the last coverage backer we had I ever felt confident in running with anyone. Lawson has the ability, but he's good laterally and getting to the flats, his drop step into deeper coverage concerns me. Everyone one else gets smoked and is out of position. I don't necessarily agree a safety like Downs will get beat playing man or even zone against a tight end. Battle last year, yes, Minkah, no. Depends on the specific Safety to be honest.

And we may do that, did I say we should mainly have Campbell covering him? No, I didn't. But it's likely that they're gonna match up a good bit before it's apparent of how that's gonna go. There's tons of different ways, and coverages we could use to try and stop Bowers... we'll see how shapes up in the game. And Campbell has without a doubt been our best cover backer, I feel good about his ability in that match up.... but we'll see. Also, having a db on him could potentially be an extreme mismatch for Georgia. Bowers is like 245 pounds, and still has elite speed and a pretty good vertical. It also makes me nervous because it likely would be Key/Story guarding him, and aside from Downs, our safeties haven't been very consistent in coverage this season. Maybe I'm wrong(hopefully). Tons of different ways we could go about it, can't wait to see how we intend to do it.

You pretty much made my argument. Campbell cannot run with him, so I'd rather have a guy that can run with him and potentially take that read away and force him to go elsewhere. He's a mismatch with anyone on the field, but I'm saying put speed and athleticism on him and have two of the three boxes checked and simply live with the size difference, rather than checking the size box and not having the speed or athleticism to stick with him. I may be wrong, Campbell may lock him down and have the game of his life against a guy I consider the best in the country. I hope whomever we have on him does a great job and gives our edge rushers a chance to pressure Beck, because McConkey and Bowers make it easy for him to get rid of the ball and find open spaces much like DaVonta did for us.

You pretty much made my argument. Campbell cannot run with him, so I'd rather have a guy that can run with him and potentially take that read away and force him to go elsewhere. He's a mismatch with anyone on the field, but I'm saying put speed and athleticism on him and have two of the three boxes checked and simply live with the size difference, rather than checking the size box and not having the speed or athleticism to stick with him. I may be wrong, Campbell may lock him down and have the game of his life against a guy I consider the best in the country. I hope whomever we have on him does a great job and gives our edge rushers a chance to pressure Beck, because McConkey and Bowers make it easy for him to get rid of the ball and find open spaces much like DaVonta did for us.
Campbell absolutely can run with him. They have almost identical 40 times with one another. Each are about the same height and weight as well, again.... we'll see what we do when it's game time, but I'd feel much better about Campbell guarding then I would with one of our DB's. Yes they'd have the speed, but I feel theyd get manhandled at some point by Bowers. Also, he's not the only one at that position we need to be worried about. They've got two other guys that are also really good, and we'll see them in personel that has them both on the field. It's gonna be tough.

Last edited:
We will need to intentionally send WR at Starks to obligate him & force UGA to pick their poison.

They will have a tough time ghosting Milroe, covering an athletic tight end like Niblack (hoping Starks works to his side), and then covering the speed of Burton and Bond. That's why I made the comment about keeping their secondary coach, because they haven't shown they can hold up deep, so as long as our offensive line has their best game like a couple years back we can score.

There's a thread over on the non-sports forum that's a thought for the day.

Let me throw this out there. Who is the biggest threat? Milroe? Or Bowers?

The fret of a playmaker isn't in Tuscaloosa, it's in Athens.
Milroe has the potential to be the bigger threat, as a QB who handles the ball every time on offense. But we can't have him throwing beyond the LOS and taking unnecessary hard hits while running, particularly near the sideline with safety a foot away.

Milroe has the potential to be the bigger threat, as a QB who handles the ball every time on offense. But we can't have him throwing beyond the LOS and taking unnecessary hard hits while running, particularly near the sideline with safety a foot away.
Is Milroe a bigger threat because he does it all (he accounts for over 60% of Alabama offensive production) or is Beck a bigger threat because he distributes the ball to more playmakers?

There's a thread over on the non-sports forum that's a thought for the day.

Let me throw this out there. Who is the biggest threat? Milroe? Or Bowers?

The fret of a playmaker isn't in Tuscaloosa, it's in Athens.
I’d for sure be more worried with Milroe because the ball will be in his hands EVERY SINGLE SNAP!

Stated earlier that Milroe is the X-factor. Probably stating the obvious... Milroe will make or break how things go plus our ability to stop the run. I think we will know how this game is going to go early.

P5 Opponents Win/L Record

Georgia - 59-49

Alabama - 67-41

Screenshot (2).png

Thoughts: After looking over some of the information it's hard to get a fully accurate picture of the situation but if you stacked the average team Bama played vs the average team Georgia played, you get a winner with probably a 4 point spread at a Neutral Field. (Bama's team favored)

I've seen a lot of stat comparison's showing Bama is terribly outmatched, while I don't think we have an advantage per say I would say we're about even with Georgia if we had their schedule we'd likely be undefeated and in a similar situation. So let's go out and kick some butt guys.

Last edited:
P5 Opponents Win/L Record

Georgia - 59-49

Alabama - 67-41

View attachment 26300

Thoughts: After looking over some of the information it's hard to get a fully accurate picture of the situation but if you stacked the average team Bama played vs the average team Georgia played, you get a winner with probably a 4 point spread at a Neutral Field. (Bama's team favored)

I've seen a lot of stat comparison's showing Bama is terribly outmatched, while I don't think we have an advantage per say I would say we're about even with Georgia if we had their schedule we'd likely be undefeated and in a similar situation. So let's go out and kick some butt guys.
Your spreadsheet is off. Look at Bama line

Back
Top Bottom