| FTBL Post-game nuggets

uT returned 15 starters from last year. Last time we returned that many was 2020? We will struggle vs experienced Jr and Sr laden teams. We recruit the best but they leave after 3 years, so we start over every year. The last 2-3 years, we’ve not been good enough to play back ups thus no experience coming back. Another thing, we don’t have a QB or WR that would start at uT…

uT returned 15 starters from last year. Last time we returned that many was 2020? We will struggle vs experienced Jr and Sr laden teams. We recruit the best but they leave after 3 years, so we start over every year. The last 2-3 years, we’ve not been good enough to play back ups thus no experience coming back. Another thing, we don’t have a QB or WR that would start at uT…
Wrong. Milroe would do well under sark.... And we we have would start anywhere. It's more of development.

I kind of thought we’d have more of a game plane like when we had Blake Sims throwing it around and Lane was calling the offense.

Lane would call 800 wide receiver screens to keep that D-line somewhat honest so he could run it sometimes. Then it was a slant across the middle with the H and X and Z were verticals . And if none of that was there he could use his feet.

It just seemed to me that there wasn’t enough of that , and a lot more of asking him to do stuff he’s not comfortable doing sometimes when things aren’t going as good.

Texas Round Up, How Deep does Alabamas Problems Run
Linked by bamatommy yesterday.,,

So in the article can you pointed to me what NFL scout said that?

Jess is a writer.

Milroe has six turnovers in three starts as a QB. Nothing he's shown tells us that it will be fixed. There were multiple throws that should have resulted in more. The offensive line (Dalcourt) needs to be addressed, but no one can deny that Milroe cannot read a defense.

I kind of thought we’d have more of a game plane like when we had Blake Sims throwing it around and Lane was calling the offense.

Lane would call 800 wide receiver screens to keep that D-line somewhat honest so he could run it sometimes. Then it was a slant across the middle with the H and X and Z were verticals . And if none of that was there he could use his feet.

It just seemed to me that there wasn’t enough of that , and a lot more of asking him to do stuff he’s not comfortable doing sometimes when things aren’t going as good.
It's so wild to be that since Sark left, we have no attacked the edges. Even before Kiffin, Alabama would utilize WR screens to open up the run game because it would do two things:
A) Stretch the defense out
B) Get your playmakers the ball

Since 2021, Alabama has run maybe a handful of screens. Maybe. Regardless of QB, it has been empty sets with slow developing WR route trees. Trying to develop Milroe into Bryce Young is a recipe for disaster. Milroe clearly is suited for a Gus Malzahn type offense.

I'd also like to know how much of this scheme is Saban's offensively. Rees ran a lot of presnap motion and different sets at ND. Against MTSU and Texas, Rees' offense looked eerily similar to Bill O'Brien's. Something doesn't seem right.

O
It's so wild to be that since Sark left, we have no attacked the edges. Even before Kiffin, Alabama would utilize WR screens to open up the run game because it would do two things:

Since 2021, Alabama has run maybe a handful of screens. Maybe. Regardless of QB, it has been empty sets with slow developing WR route trees. Trying to develop Milroe into Bryce Young is a recipe for disaster. Milroe clearly is suited for a Gus Malzahn type offense.

I'd also like to know how much of this scheme is Saban's offensively. Rees ran a lot of presnap motion and different sets at ND. Against MTSU and Texas, Rees' offense looked eerily similar to Bill O'Brien's. Something doesn't seem right.
Rees is not free to run it his way

All of those you described... They did that in spring camp, fall camp, scrimmages...

Yes he is. He can run his way as long it's within Saban's parameters... which isn't too bad given how the offense was over the alst few years. It's pro style offense. He can tweak, adjust ro whatever, but he can't just run air raid, or anything like that.
Some posters are saying Rees was very frustrated with milroe… I bet he advised another quarterback, and was overode..

Some posters are saying Rees was very frustrated with milroe… I bet he advised another quarterback, and was overode..
You don't have to say "some posters" You clearly can see it on his face during the game. They showed it.... and Saban said they thought about changing QBs until Milroe scored a touchdown and thought it was enough to stick with Milroe.

Back
Top Bottom