| FTBL Post-game nuggets

Well apparently the staff didn't handle it the right way or reset The Standard. My question would be "what in fact did they do". Former players have every right to voice their opinions. They sweat and bled for our university while turning it into a destination these new kids wanted to be at. They did it better and with a lot less than this current group of guys. @JoseyWalesTheOutlaw hit the nail on the head.

As far as players after the game, I don't give a damn what they do, but after being compared to William Anderson, going to media days to represent your team, being a Junior 3rd year letterman, after all the big talk on Instagram, posting about the accolades, you would think he'd be thinking about the no-show he just pulled. Two more tackles than Milroe had, not even more solo tackles. That's called zero self-reflection. I can tell you for a fact none of last year's leaders were posting right after a game, muchless a loss.

And you act like I never went to college and played sports or had friends on the football team. I know they party, I know some go home, some go see family, and I know some even watch film. You're not the only one that knows what it's like. I've experienced it all as an athlete and one being around them after my career was over.
Let's back up for a moment:
On Social Media:
They can complain all they want... But if you want to represent the University, the program, the standard... then do it in a classy way. Don't put it on Social media for everyone to see. Too much noise. This past few days, all the criticisms players received from fans, former players... that's a distraction for the players, coaches, and the program. If i'm a former player and I have issue with players that is currently playing the position I played while I was at Alabama.. I would reach out discreetly and talk to them. I would find a way to stay in touch with the position group and offer support and preach toughness, focus and efforts. You have to be careful about who you bring into the program. Just because they played for Alabama doesn't always mean they will deliver the right message.

On Activities after game:
That's called zero self-reflection. I can tell you for a fact none of last year's leaders were posting right after a game, muchless a loss.
You just said you don't give a damn what they do, but then you complained about what they did... Which one is it?

The defense played well for 3 quarters, held their own. They just fell apart in 4th quarter because they ran out of gas. THey can only do so much when Offense wasn't working. I don't know why it's not registering in people's head... because posts I'm seeing are based on emotional and quick reaction, instead of sitting back and observe the game from different perspective. You forgot that They didn't blitz much against Texas and they should've made adjustments to blitz more. They had their best pass rusher dropping back in coverage. There was communication issues on back side of Secondary. Lot of things that should've went right, didn't. Players talked about how they didn't give best efforts last week and I think they learned a lesson.

On life as athlete:
I never said, assumed, or suggested that you didn't know anything about it. I was just making a point that they do stuff like that all the time. I live near AAMU campus and man... some of the players on campus goes on live, tik tok, dancing in their uniforms after game.. win or lose.. Some people aren't emotionally attached to the game... It's not a bad thing. If it was me, if I may be honest.. If I'm playing college ball right now in this era.. I'll work my ass off, but i'll be laid back kinda like Stephen Curry.. he has I don't have any care in the world, but he's all business on the court.

Tend to agree with this.... really nothing positive comes from it. It's like someone airing their dirty laundry on facebook or something. Plus, there's several of those former guys on staff... Javier, Ha-ha, Chapman, Devall, etc... I'd think they could send pretty good messages when needed. But, I can also understand the frustration of some of those older players when they see these current guys talk about the, "Bama Standard" and such, but them do stuff that doesn't translate well to it. That whole ordeal last year when some basically admitted that they were anxiety ridden on the field... I mean damn.
That part... Okay that pissed me off royally. I think we were in middle of "mental health phase" where athletes were using mental health to take a break and etc.

Let's back up for a moment:
On Social Media:
They can complain all they want... But if you want to represent the University, the program, the standard... then do it in a classy way. Don't put it on Social media for everyone to see. Too much noise. This past few days, all the criticisms players received from fans, former players... that's a distraction for the players, coaches, and the program. If i'm a former player and I have issue with players that is currently playing the position I played while I was at Alabama.. I would reach out discreetly and talk to them. I would find a way to stay in touch with the position group and offer support and preach toughness, focus and efforts. You have to be careful about who you bring into the program. Just because they played for Alabama doesn't always mean they will deliver the right message.

On Activities after game:

You just said you don't give a damn what they do, but then you complained about what they did... Which one is it?

The defense played well for 3 quarters, held their own. They just fell apart in 4th quarter because they ran out of gas. THey can only do so much when Offense wasn't working. I don't know why it's not registering in people's head... because posts I'm seeing are based on emotional and quick reaction, instead of sitting back and observe the game from different perspective. You forgot that They didn't blitz much against Texas and they should've made adjustments to blitz more. They had their best pass rusher dropping back in coverage. There was communication issues on back side of Secondary. Lot of things that should've went right, didn't. Players talked about how they didn't give best efforts last week and I think they learned a lesson.

On life as athlete:
I never said, assumed, or suggested that you didn't know anything about it. I was just making a point that they do stuff like that all the time. I live near AAMU campus and man... some of the players on campus goes on live, tik tok, dancing in their uniforms after game.. win or lose.. Some people aren't emotionally attached to the game... It's not a bad thing. If it was me, if I may be honest.. If I'm playing college ball right now in this era.. I'll work my ass off, but i'll be laid back kinda like Stephen Curry.. he has I don't have any care in the world, but he's all business on the court.

I said put what you want on social media, but after a weak performance you posting about it after looking terrible is not in line with a true competitor or winner. I'll say it again, Bryce and Will didn't do it, and look at them now, Top 3 picks that showed maturity. Hasn't even left the locker room and poatinh "hey look at me" crap. That's someone that doesn't care and isn't walking the walk from his media talk.

I get what you're saying about the older players, but they are closer to who these current players are than anyone, and if they felt it was necessary I'm ok with it. They trust Saban and their career and bank accounts show it.

Back
Top Bottom