| FTBL Post-game nuggets

I'm confused. Coach said they had good week of practice, players are saying they didn't.

I'll let you Older-than-me-Timers help refresh my memory...because of lack of media such as it is today, it seems to me that when Coach Bryant would talk about the team, he liked to 'bring them down to Earth', if you will. Bad practices, no consistency, etc. I will not object to being corrected, I actually prefer it.

ROLL TIDE ANYWAY!

Not sure if this was posted - some chatter in comment section between some ex-players

I have issues with former players criticizing current players. This has been going on for the past 3 or 4 years. I think there is a huge disconnect between former players and current players. Instead of going on social media, reach out to the players in private and mentor them, support them. Going on social media and blast them doesn't help anyone... The fans are making it worse...

I have issues with former players criticizing current players. This has been going on for the past 3 or 4 years. I think there is a huge disconnect between former players and current players. Instead of going on social media, reach out to the players in private and mentor them, support them. Going on social media and blast them doesn't help anyone... The fans are making it worse...
The team should have been in that guys face for that cheap stuff. They should have had their teamates back and not tolerating that crap. Not necessarily taking a penaltie but letting him know you are not going to do that to my teamate.

The team should have been in that guys face for that cheap stuff. They should have had their teamates back and not tolerating that crap. Not necessarily taking a penaltie but letting him know you are not going to do that to my teamate.
Reggie should’ve been a little more descriptive about what he was criticizing… was he criticizing, the player for getting ragdolled.. or was he criticizing the team for not backing him up…

Last edited:

Tend to agree with this.... really nothing positive comes from it. It's like someone airing their dirty laundry on facebook or something. Plus, there's several of those former guys on staff... Javier, Ha-ha, Chapman, Devall, etc... I'd think they could send pretty good messages when needed. But, I can also understand the frustration of some of those older players when they see these current guys talk about the, "Bama Standard" and such, but them do stuff that doesn't translate well to it. That whole ordeal last year when some basically admitted that they were anxiety ridden on the field... I mean damn.

Social media is really the best way to reach them. They wanna be paid, better be able to handle the heat from everywhere. Current players don't mind social media when they get likes and paychecks from it. Dallas Turner was posting on Instagram less than an hour after the lossabout his presence in the game. Hence I did not say highlights.

Social media is really the best way to reach them. They wanna be paid, better be able to handle the heat from everywhere. Current players don't mind social media when they get likes and paychecks from it. Dallas Turner was posting on Instagram less than an hour after the lossabout his presence in the game. Hence I did not say highlights.
I absolutely disagree. Like Brandon said... We have former players on staff and that should be enough...

Let me ask you this. Since when do we care about what players does after the game?

If you knew what players does after game win or lose over the years, you'll be surprised.

As a fan you're going to have revaluate how you view Alabama Football going forward. There was a time when these players came to play for Nick Saban because he could get them to the NFL in 3-4 years. Within those 3-4 years that had to toe the line and reap the money later.

Now they come with their hands out and get paid day one. If it works out for them, 3-4 years later they might get big money. This is about the players now with the program down the list. You had to see that last year. I skipped watching several games last year and it was easy. Hundreds of Bama players wore that jersey well before this easy button crowd arrived. These people will ruin college football just like they ruin everything else.

I absolutely disagree. Like Brandon said... We have former players on staff and that should be enough...

Let me ask you this. Since when do we care about what players does after the game?

If you knew what players does after game win or lose over the years, you'll be surprised.

Well apparently the staff didn't handle it the right way or reset The Standard. My question would be "what in fact did they do". Former players have every right to voice their opinions. They sweat and bled for our university while turning it into a destination these new kids wanted to be at. They did it better and with a lot less than this current group of guys. @JoseyWalesTheOutlaw hit the nail on the head.

As far as players after the game, I don't give a damn what they do, but after being compared to William Anderson, going to media days to represent your team, being a Junior 3rd year letterman, after all the big talk on Instagram, posting about the accolades, you would think he'd be thinking about the no-show he just pulled. Two more tackles than Milroe had, not even more solo tackles. That's called zero self-reflection. I can tell you for a fact none of last year's leaders were posting right after a game, muchless a loss.

And you act like I never went to college and played sports or had friends on the football team. I know they party, I know some go home, some go see family, and I know some even watch film. You're not the only one that knows what it's like. I've experienced it all as an athlete and one being around them after my career was over.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom