| MBB/WBB 📺 NCAA Selection Sunday Show: 6 PM ET on CBS (and streaming.) ~~ Alabama #1 Overall Seed.

If I'm looking at this correctly, the "magic number" is two to ensure Alabama gets the bye dates (Friday start in the SECT.)

View attachment 23442View attachment 23443
Not an easy schedule. Viles are good and desperate, Georgia much improved, South Carolina may be the easiest game on paper, Arkansas playing much better, Barn played us tough and led most of the game but at least it is at home and then there is the A&M game which they are mowing teams down as they have gotten into SEC play. A tough stretch will be hard not to drop one or two but hey this team has shown they can win a lot of different ways so let it play out.

With only seven games remaining in conference play, the Alabama Crimson Tide (11-0) stands two full games clear of the Texas A&M Aggies who are currently second in the SEC. The Tide has been incredibly dominant in SEC play winning games by an average margin of victory of 22.3 points per game.

Alabama is expected to win the conference by four games according to KenPom, which uses advanced data analytics to determine the most likely outcome for college basketball games and seasons and is one of the most reliable metrics in the sport.

If the Tide were to actually win the SEC by four games, it would be the ugliest SEC race since 2015 when the Kentucky Wildcats won the conference by five games. The Tide have looked completely dominant so far, but they will still have a few tough matchups before post-season play. The Tide still have to play Auburn twice, travel to Tennessee, and finish the regular season at Texas A&M.

FoxvAQ7WAAI8e-f

So it would take a complete collapse on Bama's part to lose the SEC regular season title.
If that's how you want to read it...heavy statistical based site we're talking about here. Some folk have a hard time looking at things from efficiency and statistical standpoints. 😈

Barttorvik has a neat site. As of today, in his "TourneyCast™" he's ran 10,000 simulations resulting in Bama having a 11.4% chance to win it all, Houston leading with a 15.8% chance. (Purdue and Texas filling out Final Four.)

It would take an epic collapse for us not to win the season conference championship A&M has a difficult finish I could see them losing 3-4 of their last 5 games.

Last edited:
If that's how you want to read it...heavy statistical based site we're talking about here. Some folk have a hard time looking at things from efficiency and statistical standpoints. 😈

Barttorvik has a neat site. As of today, in his "TourneyCast™" he's ran 10,000 simulations resulting in Bama having a 11.4% chance to win it all, Houston leading with a 15.8% chance. (Purdue and Texas filling out Final Four.)

What the team can control is to continue to coach hard, play hard and prepare hard. They are only two games up with A&M on the schedule so they can lose the regular season championship by simply losing two games with one of those being A&M and then A&M winning out. I think Bama losing 2+ with one of those being A&M and A&M winning out is why it is 99.2%. So maybe a complete collapes is not a good way to describe it.

Be honest … back in the first week in November who thought Bama would be 22-3 at this point in the season? I mean looking at that schedule and their very young lineup, I think most people before the season started would have been delighted with Bama as a 4th seed. I know I would have never thought Bama would have beaten two #1 teams, have 5 (or 6) Top 25 wins and would be winning their SEC games by a 22+ point margin. As a diehard college football fan, I didn’t follow basketball very closely. Nate has changed all of that. It’s not Bama football but it’s close … and it’s definitely been a lot of fun watching this team play! RTR!

At this point I would much rather see UCLA than Baylor.
They are coming on strong. You have to like the story of Bama and UCLA with '21 still fresh in our minds.

In my view things have pretty well shaken themselves out for the tournament. I'm thinking we'll see the title go to Baylor, UCLA, Tennessee, Virginia, Kansas, Texas, Houston, or Purdue (setting Bama aside.) Eight of those would make a fun Elite 8 field.

Back
Top Bottom