| MBB/WBB đźŹ€đźŹ† SEC/NCAA Bracketology: 2020-'21 : Lundardi's Latest: BAMA as a 6 seed

It's too early to be looking at brackets!

Spare me. :rolleyes: It's fun.

Yesterday morning Lunardi put out what I believe to be his first projections of the year. First round would be in Buffalo which is a weird coincidence. There's something else I want to point to here real quick.

The first round opponent Lunardi has the Tide facing is South Dakota State: Alabama's opponent Friday night.

Spare me. :rolleyes: It's fun.

Yesterday morning Lunardi put out what I believe to be his first projections of the year. First round would be in Buffalo which is a weird coincidence. There's something else I want to point to here real quick.

The first round opponent Lunardi has the Tide facing is South Dakota State: Alabama's opponent Friday night.

Maryland and UCLA again? Setting up a revenge tour to get UCLA?

While watching the game last night I started looking over the schedule in a little obsessively: or call it deeply and I'll feel better. It started when I saw the note about Alabama playing two #1 teams on the same day.

This years schedule, based on Lunardi's current bracket:

The tournament in Orlando has three seeded teams, Belmont (12) and Kansas (1.) and they will open with Iona (projected 15 seed .) There's a possibility Bama could play all three.

When you see it spelled out in front of you...

1 seedGonzaga
2 seedBaylor
3 seedMemphis
3 seedKentucky
3 seedKentucky (playing twice, counted twice.)
4 seedHouston
4 seedTennessee
4 seedArkansas
6 seedAuburn
6 seedAuburn (playing twice, counted twice)
8 seedLSU
8 seedLSU (playing twice, counted twice.)
10 seedFlorida
10 seedColorado State
13 seedSouth Dakota State
15 seedIona

While watching the game last night I started looking over the schedule in a little obsessively: or call it deeply and I'll feel better. It started when I saw the note about Alabama playing two #1 teams on the same day.

This years schedule, based on Lunardi's current bracket:

The tournament in Orlando has three seeded teams, Belmont (12) and Kansas (1.) and they will open with Iona (projected 15 seed .) There's a possibility Bama could play all three.

When you see it spelled out in front of you...

1 seedGonzaga
2 seedBaylor
3 seedMemphis
3 seedKentucky
3 seedKentucky (playing twice, counted twice.)
4 seedHouston
4 seedTennessee
4 seedArkansas
6 seedAuburn
6 seedAuburn (playing twice, counted twice)
8 seedLSU
8 seedLSU (playing twice, counted twice.)
10 seedFlorida
10 seedColorado State
13 seedSouth Dakota State
15 seedIona

Is that not the #1 toughest schedule in the country? I can't imagine another team playing Gonzaga, Houston, and Memphis all before January, and Baylor in late January. Then you get into conference play which you noted above.

Glancing at a few of the other brackets and rankings this morning and came across something I can't recall seeing before. First time in Alabama basketball history?

Rank
School
Record
RPI
SOS
Rank
SOS
ConfConf.
W-L
1​
Alabama
7-1​
1​
Sec
0-0​
2​
LSU
8-0​
14​
Sec
0-0​
Up 1 From Last Week
+1​
3​
Providence
9-1​
13​
Bige
0-0​
Up 1 From Last Week
+1​
4​
Michigan St.
7-2​
2​
Big10
0-0​
Down 2 From Last Week
-2​
5​
USC
9-0​
33​
Pac12
2-0​
6​
Wisconsin
7-1​
8​
Big10
0-0​
7​
Ohio St.
6-2​
4​
Big10
1-0​
Up 5 From Last Week
+5​
8​
BYU
6-1​
29​
Wcc
0-0​
Up 3 From Last Week
+3​
9​
Duke
7-1​
30​
Acc
0-0​
10​
Auburn
7-1​
19​
Sec
0-0​
Down 3 From Last Week
-3​
11​
Xavier
7-1​
18​
Bige
0-0​
Down 3 From Last Week
-3​
12​
Minnesota
7-0​
83​
Big10
0-0​
Up 9 From Last Week
+9​
13​
UC Irvine
3-1​
22​
Bigw
0-0​
Down 3 From Last Week
-3​
14​
Purdue
8-0​
93​
Big10
1-0​
Up 12 From Last Week
Up 12 From Last Week
+12​
15​
Illinois
7-2​
27​
Big10
2-0​
Up 2 From Last Week
+2​
16​
Colorado St.
8-0​
109​
Mwest
0-0​
Down 2 From Last Week
-2​
17​
N. Carolina
6-2​
7​
Acc
1-0​
Down 2 From Last Week
-2​
18​
Marquette
7-2​
16​
Bige
0-0​
19​
San Francisco
9-0​
113​
Wcc
0-0​
20​
Villanova
7-2​
44​
Bige
0-0​
Up 5 From Last Week
+5​
21​
Belmont
8-3​
21​
Ovc
0-0​
Up 3 From Last Week
+3​
22​
Morehead St.
4-3​
10​
Ovc
0-0​
Down 6 From Last Week
-6​
23​
N. Mex. St.
6-2​
24​
Wac
0-0​
Down 3 From Last Week
-3​
24​
UAB
6-2​
15​
Cusa
0-0​
Down 11 From Last Week
Down 11 From Last Week
-11​
25​
Oakland
7-3​
55​
Horiz
1-0​

Who needs football we are a basketball school :). It is great to see both playing well and for that matter several of the programs doing well.

I grew up watching Wimp put some pretty good teams on the court. I knew Bama had it in them but just needed the right guy to bring it out.

Delphi released their bracket a couple of hours ago. It has Bama in Greenville as a #2 seed. Bama would face the winner of the Houston v UAB game if they made it to round two.

Based on what I've seen so far this season Bama would get more competition from the four teams ranked below them than the four above: Arizona has been really impressive. I'd take the Wildcats over Duke and I'd stay away from AZ vs Baylor.

Based on what I've seen so far this season Bama would get more competition from the four teams ranked below them than the four above: Arizona has been really impressive. I'd take the Wildcats over Duke and I'd stay away from AZ vs Baylor.

Baylor is definitely the team to stay away from. Have not seen Arizona play, but have heard good things. Duke is s good ball team like Baylor, but just not as aggressive, but composed and has the talent to turn your lights out. Duke and Baylor look the part, and I haven't been as impressed with anyone else really.

Surprised they did not drop more honestly.
Tell me you didn't look at the poll without telling me you didn't look at the poll. :ROFLMAO: ;)

Seriously though. Drop Bama below Houston (#13?) Auburn and Michigan State are the next two below Alabama and neither have beaten a ranked team this season.

In reality the AP poll is more accurate than the NET ranking right now: the latter doesn't cap efficiency.

Tell me you didn't look at the poll without telling me you didn't look at the poll. :ROFLMAO: ;)

Seriously though. Drop Bama below Houston (#13?) Auburn and Michigan State are the next two below Alabama and neither have beaten a ranked team this season.

In reality the AP poll is more accurate than the NET ranking right now: the latter doesn't cap efficiency.
I did not look at the poll :). My comments were based on how they played the last two games. I will also confess that I did not see the JSU game just the score. Did watch the Memphis game and they played really poorly as I am sure you would agree. The Houston and Memphis games showed gaping holes down in the paint. I was going to look past some of it against Houston just based on Houston being a really good team but then I see the Memphis game and red flags everywhere. I also know the circumstances with Memphis related to talent and how they were coming into the game. All that said to say that Bama is good but they certainly know the areas they need to work on heading into conference play. But first let's see if they play better against Davidson tonight.

All that said to say that Bama is good but they certainly know the areas they need to work on heading into conference play.
To be where they are, record wise, after this non-con open is something I would have bet against a few months ago.

If you recall, we've had more than a few conversations here about this team having more talent than last season's squad and the expectation the record wouldn't be as good as last seasons.

Back
Top Bottom