| MBB/WBB đźŹ€đźŹ† SEC/NCAA Bracketology: 2020-'21 : Lundardi's Latest: BAMA as a 6 seed

Tennessee... SMH.

Arkansas and Kentucky flip positions (#2 - #3 seed) but stay in the bottom of the bracket. A UT win tonight over Auburn gives us a three way tie for the #2 seed which could drop Tennessee out of the top bracket.

If my math's correct Arkansas has sole place of second in the tiebreaker. They may move to the third scenario to separate UT and UK. I think we're still looking at seeing Bama play Tennessee (if it's head to head with UK, point differential.)

For the first time in college basketball history, seven top-10 teams lost on the same day.

On Saturday, No. 1 Gonzaga, No. 2 Arizona, No. 3 Auburn, No. 4 Purdue, No. 5 Kansas, No. 6 Kentucky and No. 9 Texas Tech all lost, surpassing the previous record of six top-10 teams in the Associated Press poll losing in one day. Saturday was also the first time the top six teams in the top-25 poll all lost on the same day, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

The last time six top-10 squads fell in one day was on Feb. 4, 2017. It had happened five times overall.

For the first time in college basketball history, seven top-10 teams lost on the same day.

On Saturday, No. 1 Gonzaga, No. 2 Arizona, No. 3 Auburn, No. 4 Purdue, No. 5 Kansas, No. 6 Kentucky and No. 9 Texas Tech all lost, surpassing the previous record of six top-10 teams in the Associated Press poll losing in one day. Saturday was also the first time the top six teams in the top-25 poll all lost on the same day, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

The last time six top-10 squads fell in one day was on Feb. 4, 2017. It had happened five times overall.

This just shows it's all still up for grabs. Contrary to the football Playoff, March Madness could go any direction. I heard Bilas say he had six teams he felt could win the Natty. I felt it was low at the time, and even after he said that three Top 10 teams lost. This could be a really fun tournament to watch.

So Vanderbilt somehow climbed into the top 75. Why can't they be considered a Q1 win for us if the Oakland game can fluctuate between a Q3 and Q4?

I was under the impression ranking was assessed at time the game is played but it appears to be fluid IMO it's flawed. Vandy loses two games in a row and moves up 4 spots. I SMH at some things that go on in the NET for example look at Iowa NET is 19 they have 1 Q1 win and have played 8 Q4 games.

I SMH at some things that go on in the NET
Previous #75 lost to a seven win Chicago State team. #76 plays today and remains the same (Wichita State.) Vandy was a #77 and their loss was to a #52 Mississippi State team. One loss worse than the other. A WSU win today may drop Vandy out of Q1 again.

Drake has one more game left leaving a chance for that game to drop to a Q4.

Previous #75 lost to a seven win Chicago State team. #76 plays today and remains the same (Wichita State.) Vandy was a #77 and their loss was to a #52 Mississippi State team. One loss worse than the other. A WSU win today may drop Vandy out of Q1 again.

Drake has one more game left leaving a chance for that game to drop to a Q4.

I'm curious would you agree with me on Iowa?

Work backwards?

They're 8-0 in those Q4 games, 5-0 in Q3, and 6-3 in Q2. Four or five of those losses came to teams who've won 20 games, one to a team at 19 wins.

They haven't lost to a team with a winning record.

Yeah, I looked at their schedule the best win is #18 OSU I guess they are being rewarded for no bad loses.

Yeah, I looked at their schedule the best win is #18 OSU I guess they are being rewarded for no bad loses.
I know they aren't placing as much weight on conference records now and I'm seeing what I believe to be more focus on wins than losses. Even when they do look at losses they seem to value "good losses" while devaluing your bad losses. In Iowa's case I think there are only two losses to unranked teams this season.

I know they aren't placing as much weight on conference records now and I'm seeing what I believe to be more focus on wins than losses. Even when they do look at losses they seem to value "good losses" while devaluing your bad losses. In Iowa's case I think there are only two losses to unranked teams this season.

They only have one win over a ranked team where we have five.

Back
Top Bottom