| MBB/WBB đź“ş NCAA Selection Sunday Show: 6 PM ET on CBS (and streaming.) ~~ Alabama #1 Overall Seed.

Arkansas is at Tennessee Tuesday night. That's of note with State currently ranked at #9 and would face #8 Arkansas Thursday (noon) in the SECT. A loss and they flip spots...we're still looking at Bama facing the winner Friday at noon.

Bama's assured of a share of the SEC title, one win (or A&M loss) away from winning the regular season outright. A&M is on the road at Ole Miss Tuesday night.

View attachment 23578

View attachment 23579

Terrible luck on our pull there. Arkansas concerns me more than any three teams in front of them or behind them. Crazy how we could pull them after a bye.

Terrible luck on our pull there. Arkansas concerns me more than any three teams in front of them or behind them. Crazy how we could pull them after a bye.
Interesting thing about that game is Bama won not playing their game which is the 3 point game. I would expect Bama to shoot better from the 3 point range if they play again. But I certainly understand your point. Arkansas is playing well and healthy right now.

An SEC Title (regular season and tournament) sweep would be awesome (like in '21), don't get me wrong. But for me personally, I care about 2 things the most... the regular reason SEC title (sole possession) and a deep NCAA tournament run. I've sort of settled my expectations on an Elite 8 run, but certainly hope for more, and they're obviously capable for more.

An SEC Title (regular season and tournament) sweep would be awesome (like in '21), don't get me wrong. But for me personally, I care about 2 things the most... the regular reason SEC title (sole possession) and a deep NCAA tournament run. I've sort of settled my expectations on an Elite 8 run, but certainly hope for more, and they're obviously capable for more.
Agree. Both regular season n tournament titles are great. That other title... thats spice

JL updated his brackets today still has the Tide as the first 1 seed AP #2 and NET #2.
It's not simple math, but you'll get the picture, I hope. That's (bolded above) really the only question left answering; is the Tide an overall one seed.

We'd have to see some big upsets and total crashes for the Tide to fall off the one line. There's just too much difference right now in the brackets (97) between Bama, Houston, and Kansas versus the two seeds (#5 & #6 overall.)

Look at UCLA. Their average seeding is 1.78 as the #5 overall. They're a #1 seed in 21 of the 97 brackets. Looking at Purdue's 1.23 average they're listed as a #2 seed in 20 of the 97 brackets.

A crash and burn would be Purdue losing in the first round of their conference tournament and UCLA winning theirs—slim on both counts.

Where does that leave Bama? Just looking at the point differentials, it would take two losses and a first round loss to see them dropping to a #2 seed. The resume is simply too strong.

By seed, your current hypothetical Sweet 16.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 9.43.23 AM.png

It's not simple math, but you'll get the picture, I hope. That's (bolded above) really the only question left answering; is the Tide an overall one seed.

We'd have to see some big upsets and total crashes for the Tide to fall off the one line. There's just too much difference right now in the brackets (97) between Bama, Houston, and Kansas versus the two seeds (#5 & #6 overall.)

Look at UCLA. Their average seeding is 1.78 as the #5 overall. They're a #1 seed in 21 of the 97 brackets. Looking at Purdue's 1.23 average they're listed as a #2 seed in 20 of the 97 brackets.

A crash and burn would be Purdue losing in the first round of their conference tournament and UCLA winning theirs—slim on both counts.

Where does that leave Bama? Just looking at the point differentials, it would take two losses and a first round loss to see them dropping to a #2 seed. The resume is simply too strong.

View attachment 23620

Houston has to be close to jumping us one would think. I know their strength of schedule is probably garbage compared to ours, but if we lose our first or second game in the SEC Tournament and they go on to win their tournament, wouldn't that be enough, plus two or three less losses to jump as as the #1 overall seed?

Houston has to be close to jumping us one would think. I know their strength of schedule is probably garbage compared to ours, but if we lose our first or second game in the SEC Tournament and they go on to win their tournament, wouldn't that be enough, plus two or three less losses to jump as as the #1 overall seed?
I don't know. You're looking at what the committee would decide on which of the four #1 seeds they place Alabama. Sort of my point ... it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of which.

View attachment 23620

I'm not sure what you are trying to convey here what I posted was accurate and the same thing posted for at least the last two weeks.
Jerry Palm has us as the #1 overall seed or (first #1 seed) but there are some that feel Kansas should be there with the 15 Q1 wins.
I'm guessing you don't like the term first 1 seed?

I could be, easily. I don't see us as the #1 overall right now. I think Houston would beat us right now personally.

You have to look at the complete body of work. Houston has played a weak schedule they have ten Q4 games where we only have played two Q4 games. Plus we beat them on their home court. I don't see them jumping us. If Houston played in the SEC they would have 4-5 loses.

I'm not sure what you are trying to convey here what I posted was accurate and the same thing posted for at least the last two weeks.
Jerry Palm has us as the #1 overall seed or (first #1 seed) but there are some that feel Kansas should be there with the 15 Q1 wins.
I'm guessing you don't like the term first 1 seed?
You're overthinking my response as well. ;)

Just adding onto what you'd posted knowing people will want to know if a loss effects the #1 line.

I could be, easily. I don't see us as the #1 overall right now. I think Houston would beat us right now personally.
The story goes about like this ...

Byrne, as a member of the committee, had a conversation with other committee members. In that conference call they indicated there was a big enough gap between the #1 overall seed and the #2 overall seed they didn't see it changing. They mentioned strength of schedule and Q1 wins which is what they were pointing to with their original release.

A win tomorrow night should seal the deal across the board.

Regardless, this team is a #1 seed in this years tournament.

What if I told you Florida, without Castleton, went on the road and beat Mike White's UGA team last night? I did not see that one coming. That win by the Gators could easily change Bama's trip through the SECT—Arkansas drops to the 10th seed. The Arkansas vs Kentucky game has big implications as does Vandy closing out with MSU and Kentucky.

I'm seeing a chance we're looking at Bama playing the winner of Florida vs Vandy whereas a week ago it looked probably we'd be seeing the Tide take the winner of Arkansas vs MSU.

Back
Top Bottom