| MBB/WBB đź“ş NCAA Selection Sunday Show: 6 PM ET on CBS (and streaming.) ~~ Alabama #1 Overall Seed.

Updated league standings heading into Saturday. Vandy over Kentucky tonight was interesting.

View attachment 23657

Saturday’s schedule:

View attachment 23658
Interested to see what happens if Auburn beats UT and Vandy takes down MSST wouldn't that put Vandy in as the higher seed because of tie-breakers. Will be an interesting final weekend and a few teams may be playing for their bubble lives.

Interested to see what happens if Auburn beats UT and Vandy takes down MSST wouldn't that put Vandy in as the higher seed because of tie-breakers. Will be an interesting final weekend and a few teams may be playing for their bubble lives.
It would take a Mizzou home loss along with a Vandy win this weekend to push the 'Dores up a notch. (Mizzou has the tiebreaker.)

UK is an interesting story to watch this weekend as well. You mention "if Auburn beats UT?" Well, UK holds that tiebreaker and a Vol loss could propel UK into the 3 seed in the tourney. That brings us around to Arkansas who faces UK this weekend. A loss for the 'Backs and they're starting to stare done a 10 seed versus an eight.

Will be an interesting final weekend
No truer words ...

Tie-Breakers: ^—Kentucky 3rd; Tennessee 4th
2A. UK won both head-to-head meeting with UT
%—Missouri 5th; Vanderbilt 6th
2A. MO won the head-to-head meeting with VU
#—Mississippi State 8th; Arkansas 9th; Florida 10th
3A. Winning percentage among tied teams Arkansas: UF 1-0; MS 0-1 = 1-1 Florida: AR 0-1; MS 1-0 = 1-1 Mississippi St.: AR 1-0; UF 0-1 = 1-1
3B. Winning percentage vs. No. 1 and descending No. 1 Alabama: AR 0-1; UF 0-1; MS 0-2 No. 2 Texas A&M: AR 1-1; UF 0-1; MS 1-0
$—South Carolina 12h; Ole Miss 13th
2A. UM and SC split their head-to-head meetings
2B. Winning percentage vs. No. 1 and descending No. 1 Alabama: UM 0-1; SC 0-1 No. 2 Texas A&M: UM 0-1; 0-1 No. 3 Kentucky: UM 0-1; SC 1-0

Updated league standings heading into Saturday. Vandy over Kentucky tonight was interesting.

View attachment 23655

Saturday’s schedule:

View attachment 23656
Need Kentucky over Arkansas, Florida over LSU, and Vandy over MSU. That would move MSU out of the 8 spot and put UF in. Not too far fetched.

Wouldn't hurt to have the barn over ut and MO over Ole Miss also. That would throw the 4 spot into a 3 way tie between MO-ut-Vandy, moving ut out and MO in.

Might be a bit far fetched to hit all 5 of those, but now you know who to pull for Saturday.

Last edited:
It would take a Mizzou home loss along with a Vandy win this weekend to push the 'Dores up a notch. (Mizzou has the tiebreaker.)

UK is an interesting story to watch this weekend as well. You mention "if Auburn beats UT?" Well, UK holds that tiebreaker and a Vol loss could propel UK into the 3 seed in the tourney. That brings us around to Arkansas who faces UK this weekend. A loss for the 'Backs and they're starting to stare done a 10 seed versus an eight.

No truer words ...
UK is already in the 3 spot. They would have to lose to Arkansas and ut beat the barn to lose that spot. Of course there is a potential 3 or 4 way tie for 3rd. I suppose UK would win that also by virtue of the two wins over ut.

Tie-Breakers:

^—Kentucky 3rd; Tennessee 4th
2A. UK won both head-to-head meeting with UT

Last edited:

I actually like this tournament draw for Bama I think it puts us in a better overall spot being #2 overall here but not sure if this changes once tournaments are done.
It's an extremely close call among the top three teams on the new seed list -- Kansas, Alabama and Houston -- but the Jayhawks get the nod in this update thanks to their unprecedented Quadrant 1 record (15-6). I understand it seems counterintuitive to move up after a loss, but KU falling at Texas is less of a negative than Alabama losing at Texas A&M. And Houston simply doesn't have the necessary wins to pass either the Big 12 or SEC regular-season champions.

Up until today he wasn't paying as much attention to Q1 records. Now, it's all about the Q1 record.

The loss Bama had to UT on the road meant less in his rankings than the loss to A&M on the road: consider the margins of the two losses.

Up until today he wasn't paying as much attention to Q1 records. Now, it's all about the Q1 record.

The loss Bama had to UT on the road meant less in his rankings than the loss to A&M on the road: consider the margins of the two losses.
Yep, I noticed the differences. Also KU's Q1 record is once again pumped up by the big12 being considered the IT conference this year they got some 18-14 teams that are considered Q1 wins right now. I don't know that I'd consider that a true indicator of success.

This is also the same KU team that got beat by 14 in a neutral site game vs the vols earlier in the year.

Back
Top Bottom