| MBB/WBB đź“ş NCAA Selection Sunday Show: 6 PM ET on CBS (and streaming.) ~~ Alabama #1 Overall Seed.

Maybe Bama will go to #1 overall if they win today? I want to point out the obvious because it is becoming the norm, it sure is nicer to be talking about where Bama will be seeded rather than will they make it. Give Oats credit here for sure. Now go to the next level and we are talking which #1 seed will Bama be. Impressive stuff for sure...

Many feel no matter what happens today Kansas has locked up the overall 1 seed with their 17 Q1 wins. We will know in about 7 hours.
SOR and SOS ... makes sense.

As much as I'd like to see Bama with the overall #1 seed I can't argue with a Kansas selection. After all, 17-7 is better than 12-5 no matter how we look at the two.

SOR and SOS ... makes sense.

As much as I'd like to see Bama with the overall #1 seed I can't argue with a Kansas selection. After all, 17-7 is better than 12-5 no matter how we look at the two.

Exactly ....... if we had played 24 Q1 games how many more loses would we have? 24 Q1 games is brutal.

@#80 With so many parameters in the selections I almost have to go back and review it each season. One thing that's caught my eye; well, two things.

It'll be interesting to see how many teams from one conference fall into one regional.

I suspect we're going to see some weird seeding today (locations) due to the committee trying to separate teams from within the same conference. I'd need to go look and count again ...

Off the top of my head they'll be trying to separate nine or ten B1G teams as well as seven or eight Big 12 teams. We can watch what they do with the eight, maybe nine, SEC teams.

@#80 With so many parameters in the selections I almost have to go back and review it each season. One thing that's caught my eye; well, two things.

It'll be interesting to see how many teams from one conference fall into one regional.

I suspect we're going to see some weird seeding today (locations) due to the committee trying to separate teams from within the same conference. I'd need to go look and count again ...

Off the top of my head they'll be trying to separate nine or ten B1G teams as well as seven or eight Big 12 teams. We can watch what they do with the eight, maybe nine, SEC teams.

Yes, this will be a very difficult job with so many teams coming from SEC, Big 12 and B1G. And they have to get consensus between the 12 members.

How to watch Selection Sunday​

• Date: Sunday, March 12 at 6 p.m. ET
  • TV: CBS
  • Stream: NCAA March Madness Live
  • Hosts: Greg Gumbel, along with Clark Kellogg, Jay Wright and Seth Davis joining the broadcast. NCAA DI men’s basketball committee chair Chris Reynolds is also set to be interviewed live.

@TerryP ...... with the blowout win Lunardi just moved us back into the overall 1 seed not sure he is right but it would be very cool to reel that in. I believe this is his final brackets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom