| CURRENT EVENTS How does this happen? The Sec of Defense disappears.

Hard to believe any cabinet member wouldn't notify up the line if they were going to be unavailable in any fashion due to a procedure, elective or otherwise. The complications from the procedure just magnified his poor judgement.

Hard to believe any cabinet member wouldn't notify up the line if they were going to be unavailable in any fashion due to a procedure, elective or otherwise. The complications from the procedure just magnified his poor judgement.
I've seen some weird stories in my lifetime: this one 'trumps' them all...at least I'm starting to think that.

It makes no sense other than coverup. This is some of the stupidest shit I've seen. Don't show up at Arby's? Fired. Don't show up at the Army? (I've got a bit of a rant here.)

In Covid, "Mayor Pete" disappears with supply chain's going nuts. (He's back, see the airplane thread.)

Back to the topic, sort of...

He's AWOL. Seriously. AWOL.

I love the way this is framed today.

Is surgery for prostate cancer considered an elective procedure?
The Defense Department has described Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s surgery to treat his prostate cancer on Dec. 22 as an “elective medical procedure.” Austin, who went home the day after the procedure, later developed complications from the operation and was hospitalized on Jan. 1, Walter Reed National Military Center officials said in a statement Tuesday.
Austin underwent a procedure called a prostatectomy, Walter Reed officials said, in which surgeons remove some or all of the prostate gland.
Aside from skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the U.S., according to the American Cancer Society. The cancer is more likely to develop in older men, and the risk is higher in Black men, the ACS says.
While “elective” can make it sound like the operation wasn’t necessary, the word instead refers to the timing of the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom