| MBB/WBB đźŹ€Final Four: Alabama falls to top seed UConn, 86-72

Oats will be on Ref's ass and will even bring it up before the game.
We have to get past UConn first. Just saying that Keats for NC State will for damn sure be making it a point of emphasis. No way in hell that big oaf can play 36-38 games and only get called ONCE for a 3 second violation! Sort of like Harry Doyle from Major League!

Alabama dominated the boards vs Clemson (especially in the first half). It's a tough task, but I desperately hope we can attack the glass the way we did vs UConn. Giving Alabama second chance opportunities leads to more open 3s.

All the bigs are going to have to play above their heads on Saturday.

UConn has been holding teams to less than 60 points//game in the tournament. Their D is what is going to be the problem. Can we have the mental toughness to gut it out and keep playing hard on the defensive end or not? That will decide the outcome of the game because against UConn we are going to have scoring droughts.

From this afternoon...

Oats is very confident, you can tell. Last week, He was like, "'We've got our hands full, we know it, but I think our guys are locked in and ready to go," said Oats."

This week:
Nate Oats on meeting UConn: "We just can't give them these big runs that everybody gives up. Can you pull them away from the rim? We can play Grant Nelson at the five some, if he's making shots. But we certainly aren't going to just drive the ball at Clingan."

Alabama head coach Nate Oats: "We were an underdog. Nobody expected us to be here. We had to sell our guys that we can make the run before the tournament. Now that we made the run to get to the Final Four, I want them thinking they got a chance to win on Saturday."

Two different message theme... I think we're going to see something special this Saturday.

If they do not go in expecting to win they could get drilled. As I stated above this game is going to take mental toughness to handle playing through scoring droughts caused by UConns defense.

About the feet! Once one goes in, the clock starts. Once both are out, the clock resets. Truth is, the officials suck at their jobs and really don’t pay attention to his HUGE ASS camped in the lane.
It's one foot. That's my point here. One foot out resets the clock. Foot, not feet.

From the 2023-2024 Men’s NCAA Basketball Rulebook. Only reference I can find in the 144 pages regarding the three seconds in the lane penalty. It’s around page 84. It keeps it simple and says no part of the body can remain in the lane more than 3 seconds. Only suspension of the count it mentions is if player dribbles or moves toward a shot (but if he passes rather than shoots, it’s a penalty). The way it’s written, the only way to restart the count is to have all parts of the body out of the lane.

There’s a number of articles out there that talk about this not being enforced and how there’s not a visual count (ref counting by flexing his arm, etc., refs watching for fouls and other violations, hinders the flow of the game, all kinds of excuses). But it’s clear that even officiating bodies admit it’s not enforced. I don’t see them doing it this late in the game if they haven’t all season. So teams need to prepare as if it won’t be enforced.

C75863BD-9B4E-4C15-B704-F442971A8F8B.pngB39D869F-59F7-43EF-882C-7763F6C9F648.png

Back
Top Bottom