| NEWS Alabama women's basketball named 8-seed, to play Florida State in NCAA Tournament - AL.com

UA Press Release

Official News Releases
Staff

The Crimson Tide will make its third NCAA Tournament appearance in the last four years

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. –
The Alabama women's basketball team will make its 13th overall NCAA tournament appearance and third in the last four years after earning an at-large bid to the 2024 NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament.

The Crimson Tide (23-9) will compete in the Portland Region 4 as the No. 8 seed and will take on the ninth-seeded Florida State Seminoles (23-10) in Austin, Texas. Alabama's ticket allotment is sold out via presale orders. Fans looking for tickets are encouraged to visit SeatGeek.com.

Times, dates and television information will be released at a later time.

NCAA Tournament Notes

• Alabama earned the program's 13th NCAA Tournament berth, and second consecutive appearance
  • The Crimson Tide has made the tournament three times in the last four years, after also advancing to the 2023 tournament
  • Head Coach Kristy Curry will make her 12th trip to the NCAA Tournament, after capturing berths to the Big Dance at Purdue (2000-06) and Texas Tech (2011, 13) prior to UA's 2021 appearance
  • Alabama is 17-12 all-time in the NCAA Tournament
  • The Crimson Tide's deepest run came in 1994 with the team advancing to the Final Four

I remember that 1994 run. Side note: a girl I grew up with was on the team. Played softball at UA also. Growing up she played in the boys league in all sports well up into ages 13-14 from what I remember. Basketball, soccer and even played baseball on our boys teams.

Back
Top Bottom