| MBB/WBB 🏀Final Four: Alabama falls to top seed UConn, 86-72

My thought: He is going to stay on referee's ass about that.

A LOT of videos out there to the fact that Edey seems to have a tent and a backpack with him on offense. Dude literally camps in the lane! I heard that he had only been called “once” for a lane violation!! ONCE!!! I’m sure it will be a point of emphasis and we will probably see it called 3-4 times Saturday.

A LOT of videos out there to the fact that Edey seems to have a tent and a backpack with him on offense. Dude literally camps in the lane! I heard that he had only been called “once” for a lane violation!! ONCE!!! I’m sure it will be a point of emphasis and we will probably see it called 3-4 times Saturday.
I've watched those videos. All you have to do is one foot on the line, out of the paint. He does that.

He plays within the rules. It's an advantage they have.

I've watched those videos. All you have to do is one foot on the line, out of the paint. He does that.

He plays within the rules. It's an advantage they have.
You might want to look again!

a player shall not remain in their opponent’s foul lane for more than four consecutive seconds while that player's team is in control of a live ball in the frontcourt and the game clock is running. The countdown starts when one foot enters the restricted area and resets when both feet leave the area.

Edey doesn’t establish himself outside of the area.

You might want to look again!

a player shall not remain in their opponent’s foul lane for more than four consecutive seconds while that player's team is in control of a live ball in the frontcourt and the game clock is running. The countdown starts when one foot enters the restricted area and resets when both feet leave the area.

Edey doesn’t establish himself outside of the area.
It's all about the foot, Kevin. He's out of the lane.

Establish isn't a rule.

It's all about the foot, Kevin. He's out of the lane.

Establish isn't a rule.
About the feet! Once one goes in, the clock starts. Once both are out, the clock resets. Truth is, the officials suck at their jobs and really don’t pay attention to his HUGE ASS camped in the lane.

I always thought it was the entire body myself, not just one foot.
My dad officiated basketball for 44 years. I actually learned to read from his rule books!! During my coaching years, I spent 9 of them coaching basketball.
If you think of a “lane violation” on a FT, all it takes is a toe on the line or a guy to put a finger inside the paint for it to be a violation. Same applies for 3 seconds! Problem is, low post play is a dying art in the game, just as it died in the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom