| MBB/WBB 🏀Final Four: Alabama falls to top seed UConn, 86-72

Maybe I used the wrong wording but he certainly made the adjustments especially on defense to keep our guys from shooting 3’s.

Adjustments? We kept going at their bigs. We just stopped ahooting until late in the second half. They guarded us the exact same as they did in the first half, we just got away from our game that had us playing well in the first half. That's very frustrating for me.

Hope everyone can take a breath and a step back at some point and appreciate what this team did... greatest NCAA tournament run in Bama basketball history... and did so as a 4 seed after a roster and staff overhaul. They broke down the Final Four door and I'll be absolutely stunned if they are not back there soon. This team will be remembered forever and celebrated forever, as they should be. Roll Tide.

Having a big scorer down low would have helped. Not sure why Stevenson and Pringle did not play much in the 2nd half.... Be interesting to here Oats explanation. Not sure it would have mattered.

When the 3 was slowed down in the 2nd half the Bama advantage went away since we just did not have that inside scorer.

Good run, hope this is a first of many runs... Roll Tide.

It was an incredible tourney run, a blast to follow.

UConn is a juggernaut. They have few weaknesses and stick to the game plan. I don’t see Purdue keeping it as close as we did. I was hoping we’d be the first team to stay within single digits but we were another victim of their steam roller. My money is on UConn in the title game.

First, this team is a legend. They played with heart and fire all throughout and they never gave up. Second, U Conn really guarded the 3 ball well, but Bama still missed some open looks, and they looked hesitant to shoot the 3 at times. Third, I hate the way the refs protected the big guy in the middle. There were several times he hacked or body checked the guy driving the ball but they didn't call it. Anyone who looks at the tape can see that. Finally, Mark Sears is the best Bama player in history. That dude can ball.

Nelson slam over their center was a thing of legend and yes a foul should have been called.

There was no way UConn was going to let Bama shoot 70% from 3 in the 2nd half. They are just to good defensively to let that happen. 2nd half from the Bama offense happened as I expected. From the 12:00 minute mark when it was tied 56-56, UConn locked down on D and our D did not. I guess it was a 30-16 run.

Back
Top Bottom