| FTBL Did the Clemson game fall through??

I heard that Atlanta had scheduling trouble. That said, Bama Clemson would be a big regional draw. I'm surprised that we have not heard of another city stepping in. We know Jacksonville does it all the time, presumable because it is profitable. You can't tell me that it would not also be the case for Nashville or Orlando.

I'm generally not in favor of a dome in Birmingham, or anything that is a big project that this city runs or manages, but this would be a time when the dome might be of big advantage to Birmingham. Make the thing seat at least 70,000, and the draw for a Bama-Clemson game could be done here. It's around 4 hours from Clemson, or less, and an hour from T-town.

Let's face it, Jacksonville wasn't necessarily "neutral turf" for a Bama-FSU game now was it, regardless of ticket sales?

LBS said:
I heard that Atlanta had scheduling trouble. That said, Bama Clemson would be a big regional draw. I'm surprised that we have not heard of another city stepping in. We know Jacksonville does it all the time, presumable because it is profitable. You can't tell me that it would not also be the case for Nashville or Orlando.

A high school series they play every year from what I understood...heard the same thing you did. Along with that, there is the question of shuffling a few other games around (ours and opponents) to allow 12 games for the season.

IF I recall correctly, if Clemson doesn't get done we've talked to Northern Illinois about making a return trip.

rolltyroll said:
It's around 4 hours from Clemson, or less, and an hour from T-town.
Its really about a 6 hour drive...its four hours just to get to the Georgia Bama line...buts its all irrelavent anyway.......

He's talking about to Birmingham, sport.

ExiledTidefan said:
I'm generally not in favor of a dome in Birmingham, or anything that is a big project that this city runs or manages, but this would be a time when the dome might be of big advantage to Birmingham. Make the thing seat at least 70,000, and the draw for a Bama-Clemson game could be done here. It's around 4 hours from Clemson, or less, and an hour from T-town.

Let's face it, Jacksonville wasn't necessarily "neutral turf" for a Bama-FSU game now was it, regardless of ticket sales?

I concur. 1 hour vs. 4 hours is much better than 8 hours vs. 2-2.5 hours.

And, considering I went through Georgia and they were doing construction, that 8 hours became much more.

Back
Top Bottom