| FTBL Congrads to McElRoy

Yeah it was nice to see him in. I kept wanting to see him throw regardless if we were milking the clock. Glad he got a few passes in. Hope to see what he can do next year.

BAMA JAMMA said:
Yeah it was nice to see him in. I kept wanting to see him throw regardless if we were milking the clock. Glad he got a few passes in. Hope to see what he can do next year.
I was hoping for the same. Thought he did really well. Though he doesn't have near the game experience as JPW, I believe he can step in next year & do a solid job for us. He played behind Chase Daniel in high school for three years & when his time came he ONLY won a State Championship his senior year........hope he can be as successful for us!!

Hope he gets in the game by halftime against the boogs! :shock: :D

yeah 4,500 yards and 56 touchdowns in his senior season is nothing to sneeze at. In his videos from high school he ran alot. I didn't get the stats on his rushing yards but he looked like a smart runner. Not lighting fast but, he saw the field well.

on the second pass i believe, he checked down to his third guy and made a perfect dump off pass. miss that.

i thought he did great when he was in there too. maybe he'll get some more playing time against the barn.

BAMA JAMMA said:

I was hoping he would've got a TD

jdpas29 said:
on the second pass i believe, he checked down to his third guy and made a perfect dump off pass. miss that.

i thought he did great when he was in there too. maybe he'll get some more playing time against the barn.
Yup. In CJM's offense, that outlet receiver should always be there. Just a question of the QB finding him.

More importantly, I thought he looked very comfortable running the offense. He kept his cool the whole time he was on the field...we did not lose a step when he entered the game.

He did a great job. I was hoping he would put another nail in the coffin.. but oh well. I guess knowing that he could have if he wanted to, makes it better!! :lol:

I believe McElroy will be asked next year to manage the games much the same as JPW is doing this season. I don't think our offense is geared to ride on the shoulders of our QB. CNS asks that the QB play smart and limit the mistakes and manage the game.

Crimson Hawk said:
BAMA JAMMA said:
I was hoping for the same. Thought he did really well. Though he doesn't have near the game experience as JPW, I believe he can step in next year & do a solid job for us. He played behind Chase Daniel in high school for three years & when his time came he ONLY won a State Championship his senior year........hope he can be as successful for us!!

Hope he gets in the game by halftime against the boogs! :shock: :D

I believe he was also voted Class 5A Player of the Year.

jdpas29 said:

I miss that as well, a good qb knows whats happening all over the field.

Back
Top Bottom