| FTBL Bama moving toward CFPs?

With TN getting blown out by USCe....and UCLA going down....

Osu n Michigan playing next week...( would have helped if Illinois would have held on and beat Michigan)...nice blowout by osu might help...
Tcu needs loss

And committees love for Bama....as 2 loss team on last plays of game....

Might bama move to #5 or #6.....#7
Uga
Osu ( lossing team might stay in)
Michigan (. Same as osu)
Tcu ( we need a loss here...iowa state and big 12 ccgame)

Usc ( might slide in but we need ND to beat them or Pac 12 ccgame)
Lsu ( but will lose to uga)
Bama
Clemson ( USCe game looks important now)

Need some chaos last couple of weeks

Had USC and TCU lost I believe Alabama could have snuck back in. This team doesn't deserve it, but it would have been fun to see if it created a spark with the extra month of practice. No one will blow us out, but I don't feel confident in winning either.

Had USC and TCU lost I believe Alabama could have snuck back in. This team doesn't deserve it, but it would have been fun to see if it created a spark with the extra month of practice. No one will blow us out, but I don't feel confident in winning either.
I think the committee is overwhelmed with joy that they don’t have to deal with Alabama or Clemson. On the other hand they’re all in on Ohio State and Michigan not to mention USC. Don’t think much will change due to the Ohio State and Michigan game if close. It will be interesting to watch them navigate TCU and USC if there’s not a clear cut path to get USC into the playoffs.

As said before, we would need TCU, USC and Clemson to lose.

We’re a two loss non conference champion…it’s a huge long shot, but would be hilarious if we made it. In a year where we have no business being there. Add on the MAJOR Bama Fatigue.

So fun to watch the Vols lack of humility and arrogance come back to bite them in the ass - even if Bama doesn’t make the playoffs.

I sure hope not. This team has not shown they deserve anything other than a regular bowl game. I think it is important for the future that they don't get a playoff bid. The players coming back and the ones incoming need to see that you don't get given things, you have to earn them.
I have to agree with this.

BAMA didn't make the necessary wins when they needed them. It REALLY sucks coming that close to being undefeated.....4 stinking points between 2 games. But it is what it is

South Carolina showed that Tennessee can be beat. BAMA just didn't bring their A-game that night. Granted, home field advantage does have something to do with it, but BAMA could've easily won that game if they'd played to their usual standard instead of what looked like them drinking the rat poison. Same with LSU. You can't go back and change either of those, so they have to play the cards they've been dealt.

All they can do, now, is beat the piss out of Auburn and then hope for a decent bowl game.

And even with all the success that BAMA has had under Coach Saban, I still relish every win and grieve at every loss. As a fan, I know that nothing lasts forever and the guys need to do way more than just show up to win a game, no matter who the opponent is. And I know that the winning of conference and national championships every couple/few years won't last. Over the years, I've seen this team be up, then down, then up, then down, then up, again. They're up, right now. We've seen an unprecedented run these past 15 years. What comes after may very well be just as good for a few years, or things may fall apart a year or 2 after Coach Saban retires. It may take longer, it may even be the following year. Nobody knows. But I will still support this team no matter what.

When this ride is over, I'll look back fondly at all the great games I got to witness. And I'll even remember the heartaches. It's everything, all the games together, that makes this team what it is.

RMFT!!!!!

Short answer, no.

Perhaps if Michigan and TCU both had lost yesterday but honestly I just don’t see it happening. I think Ohio state blows Michigan out and depending on what LSU and Georgia look like I think LSU would have a better shot at getting in. With USC, scraping by, I think they get more love than us.

Short answer, no.

Perhaps if Michigan and TCU both had lost yesterday but honestly I just don’t see it happening. I think Ohio state blows Michigan out and depending on what LSU and Georgia look like I think LSU would have a better shot at getting in. With USC, scraping by, I think they get more love than us.

It was still a fun day of no real big marquees games to see so many in front of us have a scare. Ohio State was a three point game and was very affected by two phantom pass interference calls against Maryland. TCU wins on a last second field goal. Michigan wins on a last second field goal. USC comes back from down 14 and even down at Half to win by three. Tennessee losing. It was an exciting day and trended towards that massive upset weekend we needed. Add on top how Kentucky played Georgia and pretty much every top team in the country looked tired and beat up.

Probably best chance is..
Tcu's slot

****They lose 2....iowa state n big 12 ccgame..one might do it if big..been lucky so far
*****USCw....to lose ND and/or ccgame
****Clemson.....1 loss might jump bama....but USCe might be tough..or ACC ccgame

Bama sitting with 2 losses on last play by 4 points....

Makes next 2 weeks exciting

I sure hope not. This team has not shown they deserve anything other than a regular bowl game. I think it is important for the future that they don't get a playoff bid. The players coming back and the ones incoming need to see that you don't get given things, you have to earn them.
Spot on here. Dont think we need to see this team in the CFPs. It would be embarrassing...IMO. Of course it would also bring out the "Dynasty's Dead" folks who have been suffering from a severe case of blue balls the last 10 years or so.

All they can do, now, is beat the piss out of Auburn and then hope for a decent bowl game.
This is NOT a given. I saw the line was -26.5 which is insane honestly. Now it would not hurt my feelings at all to take the Barn to the woodshed but it is more likley a tight game that is won in the last minute or two of the game.

This is NOT a given. I saw the line was -26.5 which is insane honestly. Now it would not hurt my feelings at all to take the Barn to the woodshed but it is more likley a tight game that is won in the last minute or two of the game.
I never said it was a given. Just saying that's all they can do.....i.e., hope for.

Would I love an absolute thrashing of Auburn? You bet your ass I would. But I'll take a win by 1 point. A win is a win, plain and simple.

Gonna throw a few history things into talk about the Iron Bowl. Generally the higher ranked team wins. Since it became annual in 1948, the lower ranked team won 50 times, the lower ranked won 6 times, and an unranked won 11 times. The last time the unranked team won was 2002, with Auburn returning the favor from the previous year. The last time an unranked team won against a top 10 team was also that same year when unranked Auburn (7-4 at the time) beat #9 Alabama (9-2 at the time). Famously that was coach Fran's last Iron Bowl and many believe he had already agreed to take the A&M job once they fired their coach.

Saban has been very split with how badly he beats unranked Auburn teams, winning by 36 (2008), 5 (2009), 49 (2012), 16 (2015), 31 (2018), and 2 (2021). I expect an 11-46 point win.

Take the barn and the points just like you did with Ole Miss and LSU. This bunch isn't capable of beating any team with a plus badly. Hell, our DL couldn't even dominate Austin Peay. Did #31 and #15 play this week? Just kidding.

Got to Beat Jimmy Rayne U and then bring in this good recruiting class. Nick will dump some deadwood after NSD (Dec) but he is NOT going to rock the boat with negative comments about the play of his team nor the staff until the ink is dry on recruiting.

Dalton: I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice.

Back
Top Bottom