| FTBL I so hope this guy gets egg on his face … but unfortunately for that to happen it’s going to take a lot of eggs being broken.

...in the second half which has been the half we've seen Alabama dominate.

Yes sir, you are 100% correct on that. I hope that continues this weekend. I'm optimistic, but also have my concerns and simple doubts about going up against a team that hasn't lost since they played...us. Same feelings as the SEC Championship when Bryce wore them out.

If we're not going to win it all, I don't care if we get in the playoffs or not. I don't think we could go all the way, so I'll be happy if we can keep Georgia out of it and somebody other than Michigan wins.

...in the second half which has been the half we've seen Alabama dominate.

So does Jawja. Almost the exact same M/O. What I find interesting is how Missouri played Jawja. They were in that game.

We have the players to match Jawja, compared to MO. I am curious to see how Jawja takes our punches all game long. We haven't seen them wilt all season long because nobody could play # for #... until now.

If we can get a special teams score/turnover & a pressure turnover on Beck, I like our chances. Beck just hasn't had to play a full game against an equal defensive opponent. Can he take the punches? Which he does NOT get in practice with his black jersey.

Deep down I agree. With Beck's quick release and our issues over the middle, I just think we'll be chasing all day long. Once they get going it is very difficult to stick with them. Us scoring first or tting it up early won't mean much as they flex their muscles in the second half. I hope I am wrong and our guys play to their abikity and flex their own muscles, but I am not very high on our ability to pull this thing off. If they allow Milroe to be an athlete like against LSU, we can win. If we hold him back like the Auburn game where he looked indecisive and slow, I think we get drilled worse than the Texas game.

I agree with you on the key being whether Milroe plays like he did against LSU or as he did against Auburn and several other teams. I think he will be much more decisive against the pups and will push his personal best for rushing yards in a game. If he doesn’t it will be tough for Bama to win unless Georgia beats themselves. The good news is the game’s not in J-H where Saban somehow becomes an average coach. It’s in a venue he’s showed up as the GOAT many times. Anyway, for me Bama’s playing with house money … six weeks ago I never thought they would be in this position. RTR

If we're not going to win it all, I don't care if we get in the playoffs or not. I don't think we could go all the way, so I'll be happy if we can keep Georgia out of it and somebody other than Michigan wins.

That’s one of the primary differences between Bama and every other team. Bama’s fan base demands excellence and only sees championships as excellence. It’s tough on average coaches for sure but it’s what drives Bama to end up hiring great coaches. What other program has four coaches with multiple NC’s? What other program has won NC’s in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 60’s, 70’s, 90’s, 2000’s, 2010’s, 2020’s? Granted, the 40’s NC is suspect but even still no program comes close to the NC consistency decade over decade for almost 100 years! Does anyone think that happens by chance? That somehow Bama has lucked out on their coaching hires? No, Bama’s fans demand NC’s and anything short of winning one isn’t considered a great season. While Bama’s very little brother’s fan base judges any season a great season if they beat Bama or go to a bowl game. And they’re not alone.

That’s one of the primary differences between Bama and every other team. Bama’s fan base demands excellence and only sees championships as excellence. It’s tough on average coaches for sure but it’s what drives Bama to end up hiring great coaches. What other program has four coaches with multiple NC’s? What other program has won NC’s in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 60’s, 70’s, 90’s, 2000’s, 2010’s, 2020’s? Granted, the 40’s NC is suspect but even still no program comes close to the NC consistency decade over decade for almost 100 years! Does anyone think that happens by chance? That somehow Bama has lucked out on their coaching hires? No, Bama’s fans demand NC’s and anything short of winning one isn’t considered a great season. While Bama’s very little brother’s fan base judges any season a great season if they beat Bama or go to a bowl game. And they’re not alone.

Right on
you hit the nail on The head

Deep down I agree. With Beck's quick release and our issues over the middle, I just think we'll be chasing all day long. Once they get going it is very difficult to stick with them. Us scoring first or tting it up early won't mean much as they flex their muscles in the second half. I hope I am wrong and our guys play to their abikity and flex their own muscles, but I am not very high on our ability to pull this thing off. If they allow Milroe to be an athlete like against LSU, we can win. If we hold him back like the Auburn game where he looked indecisive and slow, I think we get drilled worse than the Texas game.
You do know we were talking football, right? Think the NSFW thread is somewhere else. 😬 :p ;)

Back
Top Bottom