| FTBL Mindset of our team

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
For the last day or so I have been studying the mindset of our team during these press releases, paying close attention of what message they are putting out there regarding Michigan. The challenges they face, the questions from the media about various topics, from the sign stealing scandal, each individual player from Michigan (QB, RB, O-line, DBs so forth) Their relationships with each other and even fielding questions about Coach Saban's age and timeline that he has left before retiring.

1- Not one of these guys are shy about answering a question direct. No stumbling, very confident in their answers.
2- Giving UM respect and praise about all their skill players without being sappy and fake, and still leaving an impression that they are prepared for the game and dialed in.
3- Every one of them believe in their abilities and are on the same page, they have a definite chip on their shoulder that is not a distraction but a genuine focus and trust in each other.
4- Speak Highly of Rees and can tell they like his approach on offense. As well as Steele's on Defense.
5- Love Coach Saban, have bonded on and off the field as a brotherhood.
6-Taken ownership of their brand, by being Alabama Football, in their own way without losing the process, make that ass quit mentality.
7- Certain names for plays like grave digger, DOA approach when they finish up plays, or their own brand LANK really hypes them up, and have everything to prove still.
8- Bond, Milroe, Turner, Justin, Moore, Kool-Aid all of them answering questions with thought, with depth, with purpose and confidence.
9. The short amount of time Saban has put this team together including position coaches and a week 2 loss to where they are now, has to be one of the best coaching team building process I have seen at Bama in my lifetime.
10- They are ready, not just being some Bama Homer, these guys are chewing nails to get on that field right now and prove what they are all about.

Michigan should be worried, not even bull shitting here. I see a very focused team right now. It is almost time to process Michigan and MTAQ. Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!

MTAQ.
Can it be patented
I would buy a tshirt with is on and the A be a script A.

They are very focused and in michigan’s head!
Still, it’s not going to be easy. Bama has to be on point, disciplined and play every down and dominate.
I have really been studying this team's vibe, how they react to certain situations at the start of the first quarter and then adjust to what is going on both sides of the ball. Around halfway in the first they start to read the opposing team's offense and then dial up Turner and Braswell while shifting other players around confusing their looks. Once I see that take place, I know Saban has a feel of the game. Sometimes it takes them even into the third series to really start cranking it up.

I really think it will stay somewhat close until about midway until the 3rd and we oppose our will with around a 10-to-17-point win.

Is Michigan talented enough to beat us, yes, and if we play like we played the barn it will be a very close game. I really expect them to go into this like the UGA game though. Michigan will not beat Bama if we are dialed in like we were with UGA. I see a clear, confidence and no nonsense look to them right now, Like they are about to torch some shit up come Monday. I really think they are ready and willing to lay it all out right now. Just a gut feeling.

I have really been studying this team's vibe, how they react to certain situations at the start of the first quarter and then adjust to what is going on both sides of the ball. Around halfway in the first they start to read the opposing team's offense and then dial up Turner and Braswell while shifting other players around confusing their looks. Once I see that take place, I know Saban has a feel of the game. Sometimes it takes them even into the third series to really start cranking it up.

I really think it will stay somewhat close until about midway until the 3rd and we oppose our will with around a 10-to-17-point win.

Is Michigan talented enough to beat us, yes, and if we play like we played the barn it will be a very close game. I really expect them to go into this like the UGA game though. Michigan will not beat Bama if we are dialed in like we were with UGA. I see a clear, confidence and no nonsense look to them right now, Like they are about to torch some shit up come Monday. I really think they are ready and willing to lay it all out right now. Just a gut feeling.

Great reading....

I went back n watched a few games...part anyway...
Like most...i believe....if milroe can be on target...and receivers make the catches...
I feel confident...their safeties....have got to come up...to prevent big plays with QB running....should be deep passes available...

But. Michigan...is good..very good...i expect close hard tough game...JJ is very solid QB

Great reading....

I went back n watched a few games...part anyway...
Like most...i believe....if milroe can be on target...and receivers make the catches...
I feel confident...their safeties....have got to come up...to prevent big plays with QB running....should be deep passes available...

But. Michigan...is good..very good...i expect close hard tough game...JJ is very solid QB
If this was a regular season game, My position would prob change a little, but something is brewing within this bunch.

I have to admit I don't watch much press or anything like that leading up to games. I trust in Coach Saban and the guys to get it done on the field. But from what little I've read on here, it seems the guys are on a mission. And that mission is to get revenge on Texas. Now I won't say they're looking past Michigan. On the contrary. They know they have to take care of Michigan if they want another shot at Texas...which I think they'll get.

I have to admit I don't watch much press or anything like that leading up to games. I trust in Coach Saban and the guys to get it done on the field. But from what little I've read on here, it seems the guys are on a mission. And that mission is to get revenge on Texas. Now I won't say they're looking past Michigan. On the contrary. They know they have to take care of Michigan if they want another shot at Texas...which I think they'll get.
When Saban lets our guys talk to the press, I sop it up like a biscuit to gravy. He has basically let a lot of these guys get their voice in it seems. Usually, they have a few speak during bowl season but seems like he has allowed a few more this year to add their 2 cents. Everything Coach does has a purpose behind it. He talks to his players through the media often.

I'm not superstitious..............just a little stitious.

I feel like I did when we played ND back in 12 and skull drug them. Typically when I'm thinking the opponent will give us a great/good/tight game. We spank dat ass.

Listening to all the talking heads they have talked about UM changing their approach and how they limited pads for practice to this game. Allowed their team to get their "legs" back and they all say they are refreshed and ready to go. It sounds a lot like ND leading up to the NCG 2012. A lot of hype around our opponent.

Last edited:
I'm not superstitious..............just a little stitious.

I feel like I did when we played ND back in 12 and skull drug them. Typically when I'm thinking the opponent will give us a great/good/tight game. We spank dat ass.

Listening to all the talking heads they have talked about UM changing their approach and how they limited pads for practice to this game. Allowed their team to get their "legs" back and they all say they are refreshed and ready to go. It sounds a lot like ND leading up to the NCG 2012. A lot of hype around our opponent.
Plus, them sons a bitches running their damn mouth!

Last edited:
You guys throwing out the rat poison :). I believe this is going to be a very challenging game. The most challenging game we have had since Texas, Expecting it to be tight as the betting line indicates but would love to be wrong and the good guys drill them.

BTW even the Barn game was a challenging game as were a lot of them this year.

You guys throwing out the rat poison :). I believe this is going to be a very challenging game. The most challenging game we have had since Texas, Expecting it to be tight as the betting line indicates but would love to be wrong and the good guys drill them.

BTW even the Barn game was a challenging game as were a lot of them this year.
The AU was a cluster f**k game....did everything we could to lose...
And
They could have called offensive PI on the 4-31 play...a little push...
Shocked they didnt
Glad they didnt...

Back
Top Bottom