| FTBL Mindset of our team

I'm not superstitious..............just a little stitious.

I feel like I did when we played ND back in 12 and skull drug them. Typically when I'm thinking the opponent will give us a great/good/tight game. We spank dat ass.

Listening to all the talking heads they have talked about UM changing their approach and how they limited pads for practice to this game. Allowed their team to get their "legs" back and they all say they are refreshed and ready to go. It sounds a lot like ND leading up to the NCG 2012. A lot of hype around our opponent.
Sounds like Bobby Dodd prior to 1958. Someone made him pull those pads back out for practice. Especially when he was facing that someone.

I feel like I did when we played ND back in 12 and skull drug them. Typically when I'm thinking the opponent will give us a great/good/tight game. We spank dat ass.

Listening to all the talking heads they have talked about UM changing their approach and how they limited pads for practice to this game. Allowed their team to get their "legs" back and they all say they are refreshed and ready to go. It sounds a lot like ND leading up to the NCG 2012. A lot of hype around our opponent.
Stop stealing my schtick.

I remember Barrett Jones saying after he graduated that the players and staff knew that game was won the first time they watched the Notre Dame film... not after the game plan was installed, not after a few practices, but after watching their team on film.... it was already over. And they still knew it walking out of the tunnel in Miami, which could easily be seen that night in pregame.

I remember Barrett Jones saying after he graduated that the players and staff knew that game was won the first time they watched the Notre Dame film... not after the game plan was installed, not after a few practices, but after watching their team on film.... it was already over. And they still knew it walking out of the tunnel in Miami, which could easily be seen that night in pregame.
This Bama team to me looks really confident right now, not that arrogant type confidence but the winning edge type thing, where you know that its only a matter of time before the hammer drops. Not saying they have the Title in the bag , saying Michigan might have long night.

This Bama team to me looks really confident right now, not that arrogant type confidence but the winning edge type thing, where you know that its only a matter of time before the hammer drops. Not saying they have the Title in the bag , saying Michigan might have long night.

To Saban's credit, he realized that the path traveled last year, the soft glove treatment, was damaging to the program. The "anxiety" talk we heard coming from Alpha guys like Anderson? That doesn't compute with the Saban/Alabama MTAQ mentality. He has never wanted his players to show weakness, be it physically (like laying on the field when hurt) or mentally. The change was immediate and measurable when he took back control and removed those gloves. He gave Miss Terry all the credit, but make no mistake, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Yes, @TerryP... attitude.

To Saban's credit, he realized that the path traveled last year, the soft glove treatment, was damaging to the program. The "anxiety" talk we heard coming from Alpha guys like Anderson? That doesn't compute with the Saban/Alabama MTAQ mentality. He has never wanted his players to show weakness, be it physically (like laying on the field when hurt) or mentally. The change was immediate and measurable when he took back control and removed those gloves. He gave Miss Terry all the credit, but make no mistake, he knew exactly what he was doing.

ATTITUDE!! is all the team need!

Agreed, I truly believe that he knows during the week that they are not gonna play well and lets them stub their own toes here and there, even if it means a loss, if it's a teachable situation. I know he dislikes losing ALOT, but if it helps the team in the long run, he has a plan for it. I see him basically warning them through the Media on pressers all the time. Never thought I would say this, but Coach Saban might just edge out Coach Bryant by a gnat hair.. I mean this in this highest form of respect for both coaches, cause the greatest for me was always The Bear, but damn, what can you really knock on Coach Saban.

Many many people are predicting a Bama win even by double digits. Why does Vegas still have Michigan favored even if almost all the money is going on Bama?
Judging by some of these Big 10 teams Im seeing… Bama will be in a razor close game.. especially since Michigan manhandled most all of them..Maryland is beating Auburn in all phases..Kiffin is finding the mismatches..

Judging by some of these Big 10 teams Im seeing… Bama will be in a razor close game.. especially since Michigan manhandled most all of them..Maryland is beating Auburn in all phases..Kiffin is finding the mismatches..
Which B10 teams are looking so good to you? Maryland against Auburn? Pitiful Auburn at that… Who else?

That’s a 7-5 against a 6-6, not exactly strong teams. In my opinion.

Many many people are predicting a Bama win even by double digits. Why does Vegas still have Michigan favored even if almost all the money is going on Bama?
Vegas cant even figure this one to be honest. Hell, we all are going on either a homer route, or the fact that Michigan has done jack shat in the playoffs. I will say this, even if I wasn't a Bama fan I can honestly say I would still pick Bama straight up over UM and might even give 3.

Back
Top Bottom