| FTBL When was the last time Bama scored 24 or fewer points three games in a row?

Davestwin

I couldn’t recall the last time Bama had scored so few points in a three game stretch. I looked it up … it was 2009 and they actually went four games in a row scoring 24 or fewer points. 22-3 over Ole Piss, 20-6 over South Carolina, 12-10 over the vile’s and 24-15 over LSU. Of course, I was so hungry for a Bama’s return to glory back then I didn’t care what the score was as long as they won. I need to remember that going forward this season. So, I’m going to do my best to be happy with a victory no matter the score. It will take some doing as they’ve spoiled me since 2009 … but I’m going to give it a shot. Who knows what might happen? 2009 ended great … right?

I couldn’t recall the last time Bama had scored so few points in a three game stretch. I looked it up … it was 2009 and they actually went four games in a row scoring 24 or fewer points. 22-3 over Ole Piss, 20-6 over South Carolina, 12-10 over the vile’s and 24-15 over LSU. Of course, I was so hungry for a Bama’s return to glory back then I didn’t care what the score was as long as they won. I need to remember that going forward this season. So, I’m going to do my best to be happy with a victory no matter the score. It will take some doing as they’ve spoiled me since 2009 … but I’m going to give it a shot. Who knows what might happen? 2009 ended great … right?
Key word; Spoiled.

Along some same lines here... Three games in a row now without a 1st half TD... I tried to look it up last night and gave up for sleep... saw just now on Twitter that it hasn't happened since 1988 under Curry.
This is one among several issues that need to be corrected and corrected quickly. Shows how important the D performance has been. With the exception of the 4th qtr against Tx it has been the strength of the team so far.

Last edited:
This is one among several issues that need to be corrected and corrected quickly. Shows how important the D performance has been. With the exception of the 4th qtr against Tx it has been the strength of the team so far.
The defense is gonna have to play lights out this season. I have a feeling that this is gonna be similar to the 2016 offense…

It’s not much to ask for more than 24 points against ole miss/usf….
I wouldn’t call that spoiled those two teams/defenses are BAD!!!
Texas defense isn’t any good either. That’ll pan out as the season goes.

@TerryP 09 was a lot like 1992 for me. It had been a pretty good drought between MNC's and to be back on top was just a wonderful ride the entire season. To beat UF so convincingly in that game was an exclamation point. With the Urban Hype train in full force at UF, Saban let everyone know there was a new Sheriff in town and the SEC ran through Tuscaloosa for the foreseeable future.

Most likely when we didn't have an NFL starting QB throwing to two NFL starting WR with an NFL starting RB in the back field.... We've had some pretty Amazing talent the last so many years that we think that is normal. We are finding out that it isn't...

Back
Top Bottom