Anybody have a Fire TV Stick?

Stater, what all do you get with the prime account??

I'm reading elsewhere that it's not worth it if you don't at least have prime.

Without it, is there very little free stuff, and it's all filled with ads?

I only use prime for the free shipping. I think you can watch movies and listen to music with it though.

You really won't get much of anything with the stick unless you have some subscriptions with places like: Hulu, Netflix, or like others have said..Amazon Prime. It also has Watch ESPN, Watch Disney Jr adn other Disney channels...but you have to have a cable provider login to access those. So yes, you pay for the device, which is $39 whether you get it online or at Staples or BestBuy. However...if you don't subscribe already to any of those other services, its not worth it.

I have netflix on a tablet. I have most of those other apps as well. If I have a cable provider, why the hell do I need this thing to watch what's already on my tv?

Ok, so, with prime, what exactly do I get????

Prime is new to me. I know that is also has movies and music that you can access for free, but they are limited and the selection seems to be a lot like Netfix. I would say you should download the Amazon Prime app on your phone, login with your sis account, and see what all's there. If you want what you see on the big screen then get the stick.

Prime = free 2 day shipping (biggest benefit to me), music, unlimited photo storage, and Prime instant video (another big plus).

If you are a student or you have a student email address, you can get it 1/2 price.

Shipping alone is worth prime for me.

Back
Top Bottom