| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama's 2024 Signing Day Class Update Thread⭐️

Preferred Walk Ons to Sign Today:

Anderson Green, punter from Northridge HS in Tuscaloosa- 9:30 a.m.
Tucker Cornelius, kicker from Northridge HS in Tuscaloosa- 9:30 a.m.
Jay Williams, long snapper, Heritage High School in Ringgold, GA- 1:30 p.m.
John Cooper, QB from Mountain Brook HS (Ala.)- TBD

Last edited:

1707325430599.jpeg

The Ryan Williams stuff has been locked down for a while now, but since he signed today, I want to mention again just how big a deal it is. The kid turns 17 in a couple of day and he already has 2 AL Mr. Football awards on his shelf. Hard to imagine he wouldn't win it a 3rd time had he not reclassified. He is an immediate impact player at a position where his presence is needed, and now in an offense where his abilities will be fully showcased. While I expect a bit of an adjustment period for him... he's not coming in with the same physical stature that someone like Julio did... I do expect really, really good things out of him in the future. And don't let it wash over you how big a deal this was for DeBoer too. To re-recruit him and lock him down as quick as he did while Freeze and auburn were trying like hell to reel him in... That was a pretty big deal... and a bit symbolic that even without Saban, the machine keeps humming along.

The Ryan Williams stuff has been locked down for a while now, but since he signed today, I want to mention again just how big a deal it is. The kid turns 17 in a couple of day and he already has 2 AL Mr. Football awards on his shelf. Hard to imagine he wouldn't win it a 3rd time had he not reclassified. He is an immediate impact player at a position where his presence is needed, and now in an offense where his abilities will be fully showcased. While I expect a bit of an adjustment period for him... he's not coming in with the same physical stature that someone like Julio did... I do expect really, really good things out of him in the future. And don't let it wash over you how big a deal this was for DeBoer too. To re-recruit him and lock him down as quick as he did while Freeze and auburn were trying like hell to reel him in... That was a pretty big deal... and a bit symbolic that even without Saban, the machine keeps humming along.
What has caught my eye, as mentioned more than a few times :rolleyes: ; is this happened (same with Noah Carter) before the infrastructure of the recruiting department was built.

Haven't really seen any outlet giving DeBoer credit for Williams and Carter. Had they not signed, especially Williams, it would have been the end of Alabama football as we know it. All outlets would have pounced on it and had negative things to say about the hire and the staff. Maybe much like the "Saban not leaving Dolphins for UA", Saban a mercenary and will only be there 2-3 years" etc...screw them all!!

I'm curious, what's his rating??? I can't find anything on him....

Keon Sabb ... someone to watch.
So funny how these things make their way around. I heard "safety" yesterday.

About two hours ago I heard about Sabb...posted it here an hour ago. Potter posts this 10 minutes ago. It's like a fast moving wildfire...a name will hit, and hit everywhere quickly.

Back
Top Bottom