| FTBL Alabama football coaching staff changes and updates...

I have questioned maybe one coach Saban brought in and that was Kiffin, he shut me up. Do not care for Kiffin much but he did good here. Buttchin Bob is prob the ONLY Saban hire that was not up to Saban level Par in my armchair coaching thoughts. He was a high end bust.. If Saban wants Norwood then so be it. Who am I to question the GOAT? I personally would not bring Norwood right in as WR coach, but as an assistant to the WR coach. If he is good it will come out. I would pull hard for Norwood too.

Norwood?… He knows Saban and what he expects.. can take Saban’s heat..got to bring in someone the knows Bama culture .. and SOUTHERN culture too..
That is exactly why I wanted Nick Gentry to come
I like Gentry also. I like a lot of these up and coming coaches, and I like a lot of the seasoned ones too. He does have Rees as a up in comer, and we will see what he does and I think he will be a good one.

Speaking of assistant coaches. Butch Jones was on our flight home (to Memphis) Tuesday afternoon. He was polite and easy to talk to for the few of us that approached him either before the flight or while waiting for our luggage. Was just with his son. I was thinking how odd it was a former UT head coach was standing in the Memphis airport waiting for his luggage and not a single person besides me came up and said anything to him. In Tennessee… But I guess it’s like Mike Shula landing at Birmingham nowadays. Butch is a nice fella and seems high on CNS and Alabama.

Last edited:
Promoting of Tosh to DC was a mistake CNS made in the coaching as well. Defense has not been the same since Pruitt left.
I agree that Tosh didn't do us any favors, and that following Pruitt, you really could only go downhill from the standard that he set.

Having said that, Tosh is the DC at Oregon and they are not too shabby. Lanning is a defensive guy and has coached some damn good defenses at UGA. Don't know why Tosh didn't make it, but he seems to have done well since leaving.

I agree that Tosh didn't do us any favors, and that following Pruitt, you really could only go downhill from the standard that he set.

Having said that, Tosh is the DC at Oregon and they are not too shabby. Lanning is a defensive guy and has coached some damn good defenses at UGA. Don't know why Tosh didn't make it, but he seems to have done well since leaving.
If memory serves, the consensus was he was promoted to retain him as a recruiter primarily.

auburn DC Ron Roberts is off to Florida. Why does that matter? I've been pointing out for a good while that Travaris Robinson has been the guy Freeze has wanted since day 1. He is making the play now. If it happened, it would be a daily double for auburn, as they'd get Saraland WR Ryan Williams out of it too.

auburn DC Ron Roberts is off to Florida. Why does that matter? I've been pointing out for a good while that Travaris Robinson has been the guy Freeze has wanted since day 1. He is making the play now. If it happened, it would be a daily double for auburn, as they'd get Saraland WR Ryan Williams out of it too.
Hopefully, Pruitts appeal works..if Auburn gives him the Defense.. he gone

I think the part about Ryan Williams following him would be highly likely. The part part about Robinson going is less likely, but at the same time, I wouldn't dismiss it unless/until Freeze moves on from him.
Time for a raise and Defensive Coordinator in waiting position? I really like Robinson and think he'll be a good DC if given the opportunity though obviously we'd all love to see Pruitt back taking over the reins.

Time for a raise and Defensive Coordinator in waiting position? I really like Robinson and think he'll be a good DC if given the opportunity though obviously we'd all love to see Pruitt back taking over the reins.

IMO, it would be something like that. Said the other day raises and title changes were likely for some, he's one of them. All of this didn't come as a surprise, and Saban has a plan for what he wants to do. I've heard different things about Steele, but from what I gather, for now, he will remain on staff... just more responsibility in the lap and back account of Robinson. We'll see...

Back
Top Bottom