| FTBL Alabama football coaching staff changes and updates...

Interesting article in the WSJ this week about Washington and their pay structure for coaches. Their OC makes nearly half of what the head coach makes. Another offensive coach on their team is near 20% of the head coach’s salary. And the head coach is making over $4MM. He makes less than the big dogs but he pays up for assistants. The big pay for the OC is part of what kept him from leaving and coming to Ttown last year.

About the only thing I feel pretty confident in saying is that the person is going to have some experience in pass coordination... and so far every name I've seen or heard linked seems to have that to some degree. Sometimes that can be little more than a co-title to help justify a pay increase... but there's guys who offer legitimate help there too. For the last 3 seasons, Bama has had a void in that area.
Sorry for the ignorance on the matter, but why a pass coordinator? Is it to take less off the OC plate? Or to add schemes? I’ve seen the title, but have never known what the idea is

People are forgetting that when they come to coach for Saban, they can not run their system.. they run his system and his terminoligy.. that limits some playcallers and their Egos.. It may have even limited Rees somewhat, this year.. Wish he would’ve hire Milwee, that may have stuck with Sark ball..

People are forgetting that when they come to coach for Saban, they can not run their system.. they run his system and his terminoligy.. that limits some playcallers and their Egos.. It may have even limited Rees somewhat, this year.. Wish he would’ve hire Milwee, that may have stuck with Sark ball..
And that’s part of the problem. Saban’s defense needs an update like the offense got

The guy doesn’t have to be a super big name.. He can come from a smaller school.. someone that is a hard charger.. a players coach…and extremely good fundamentals teacher..a hungry coach..

Some of those don’t seem plausible because they’re below lateral transfers..

Keep in mind Muschamp and Smart came from Valdosta St. at one point..
And DeBoer came from Sioux Falls in NAIA.

Sorry for the ignorance on the matter, but why a pass coordinator? Is it to take less off the OC plate? Or to add schemes? I’ve seen the title, but have never known what the idea is

More about schemes and helping the OC in terms of passing concepts. An example is how Joe Brady went to LSU and completely overhauled their route tree/passing game under Orgeron and OC Ensminger. WIthout his fingerprints on that offense, they don't have that dynamic passing attack that they had... not to that degree I mean... they'd have still been really good. But some guys just have more to offer in that area... and it could always be a position(s) that is filled in an off the field capacity too, but I have a feeling they will get a WR coach with some background there... someone that can help improve the passing game as a whole. We'll see.

I have seen Saban allow the OC to run some of their plays, I really do not think he demands them to totally run his system and not let them deviate some. He let Kiffin, Sark and even Butt chin Bob. We all wanted Bob out for a reason, and it wasn't because of Saban's system. LOL

What I’m saying is find an extremely good coach…We don’t have to poach the highest tiers for that.. And we aren’t even sure these guys will jump at Bama anyway..These schools can pony up money too..ND st has some of the best position coaches.. In one year, their Former D cord took over a dismal Northwestern team, completely turned it around and got the job..After Fitzgerald was fired… Our last coach came from the blue blood “Liberty” right..
Why are you comparing Bama to them?

Why are you comparing Bama to them?
I Love Bama..So do you.. But Bama isn’t all that to everyone..but we can find really great coaches out there…We can not just go out there and get these big program coaches all the time… We got Bala from Liberty… Saban saw something in him.. People act shocked when these coaches don’t come when called upon…Im just saying we don’t have to swipe a coach on the west coast..We might could find a great coach at a division fcs or 2 school…Maybe anHBCU…A Great player coach..A great fundamentals coach..

I Love Bama..So do you.. But Bama isn’t all that to everyone..but we can find really great coaches out there…We can not just go out there and get these big program coaches all the time… We got Bala from Liberty… Saban saw something in him.. People act shocked when these coaches don’t come when called upon…Im just saying we don’t have to swipe a coach on the west coast..We might could find a great coach at a division fcs or 2 school…Maybe anHBCU…A Great player coach..A great fundamentals coach..
...... Ok

I would think Saban is wanting to have less teaching in the asst. coaching department and more on the players. You can see he is clearly enjoying his guys even more in his later years. I don't blame him either. Getting a coach with decent experience at this point in his career has to be a breather for him.

I would think Saban is wanting to have less teaching in the asst. coaching department and more on the players. You can see he is clearly enjoying his guys even more in his later years. I don't blame him either. Getting a coach with decent experience at this point in his career has to be a breather for him.
Norwood?… He knows Saban and what he expects.. can take Saban’s heat..got to bring in someone the knows Bama culture .. and SOUTHERN culture too..
That is exactly why I wanted Nick Gentry to come

Back
Top Bottom