| FTBL Alabama football coaching staff changes and updates...

For 2024? It's Roach followed by Joe Cox.

Where are you getting this idea from?

It's my view people looked at HW just like they did Lane thinking "he's a great recruiter." When, they aren't.
247 recruiting..listed as #2 nationwide under Fran Brown

Last edited:
I'm hearing Alabama WR coach rumors from some randoms but nothing from a concrete source.

Current Rumor Mill says:

Jamarcus Shepard - Washington WR Coach/Passing Game Coordinator

Cortez Hankton - LSU WR Coach/Passing GAme Coordinator

I'm not sure Nicks's worried about filling that void quickly though so we shall see who he targets this month or early Feb likely.

I'm hearing Alabama WR coach rumors from some randoms but nothing from a concrete source.

Current Rumor Mill says:

I'm not sure Nicks's worried about filling that void quickly though so we shall see who he targets this month or early Feb likely.
Either one of those guys would be good additions for the program. Both have done an outstanding job at their positions, and have developed some great player the last two years.

The guy doesn’t have to be a super big name.. He can come from a smaller school.. someone that is a hard charger.. a players coach…and extremely good fundamentals teacher..a hungry coach..

Some of those don’t seem plausible because they’re below lateral transfers..

Keep in mind Muschamp and Smart came from Valdosta St. at one point..

Last edited:

Current Rumor Mill says:

About the only thing I feel pretty confident in saying is that the person is going to have some experience in pass coordination... and so far every name I've seen or heard linked seems to have that to some degree. Sometimes that can be little more than a co-title to help justify a pay increase... but there's guys who offer legitimate help there too. For the last 3 seasons, Bama has had a void in that area.

The guy doesn’t have to be a super big name.. He can come from a smaller school.. someone that is a hard charger.. a players coach…and extremely good fundamentals teacher..a hungry coach..

Some of those don’t seem plausible because they’re below lateral transfers..

Keep in mind Muschamp and Smart came from Valdosta St. at one point..
You're saying Washington and LSU are higher tier jobs than Bama? or are you saying we should look from coaches from lower tiers?

You're saying Washington and LSU are higher tier jobs than Bama? or are you saying we should look from coaches from lower tiers?
One thing I have learned from Coach Saban, Recruiting is a must from his staff. If he was to pick "Lower Tier", I would think he would mold from within. He is gonna get a higher end guy is my thoughts. Coaches like the Washington guy would be something he is gonna look to.

One thing I have learned from Coach Saban, Recruiting is a must from his staff. If he was to pick "Lower Tier", I would think he would mold from within. He is gonna get a higher end guy is my thoughts. Coaches like the Washington guy would be something he is gonna look to.
I don't know much about Tankton but what I've heard about Shepard players would run through a wall for that guy so recruiting and developing would be great.

What I’m saying is find an extremely good coach…We don’t have to poach the highest tiers for that.. And we aren’t even sure these guys will jump at Bama anyway..These schools can pony up money too..ND st has some of the best position coaches.. In one year, their Former D cord took over a dismal Northwestern team, completely turned it around and got the job..After Fitzgerald was fired… Our last coach came from the blue blood “Liberty” right..

Back
Top Bottom