| FTBL Where will Wingnut be come this January?

Where will Wingnut be this January?

• At new house thumbing his nose at Bobby Lowder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
JohnDeere said:
Also, in the Spring of 1999, Bill Clinton was President of the United States. It is amazing to see folks clinging to 'straws' trying to find a flaw in the man's character.

You don't have to go back that far. Try last yrs Iron Bowl when he felt it necessary to hold up 5 fingers, or this season's crying sessions (his jabs at Saban during press conferences regarding his @ss being kicked on the recruiting trail).

He's a Saint now, but I bet you weren't singing his praises a month ago.

He's gone. The story would have gone away by now because I don't think you would want this kind of distraction during the season. Too many people are saying it won't happen. Thats usually what does happen......

Rumor mill churns
Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times October 17, 2007 1:16 PM
It's becoming increasingly obvious that the rumor mill is going to continue to churn out speculation that Texas A&M wants Tommy Tuberville to replace soon-to-be fired Dennis Franchione and that Tuberville is interested.

I don't know what Texas A&M wants. I do know that Tuberville wants to stay where he is. He says that. People close to him with no agendas say that. I do know that he believes his best chance to win a national championship will come in the next 2-3 years. I do know his contract includes a $6 million buyout, and that's a lot of money even for a school as wealthy as Texas A&M. I do know his wife and two sons are happy in Auburn.

The bottom line is that, no matter what you hear, Tuberville doesn't want to leave and Auburn doesn't want him to leave.

I mean, look at it this way: If Tuberville were to leave, what coach could Auburn hire that could match nine wins in 10 games against top 10 teams, a 4-0 record against top 5 teams, 26 wins in 30 games against SEC teams, 14 road wins in 15 tries, a perfect season and a national Coach of the Year award?

The day will come, of course, when Tuberville walks away from the program he and his staff have built. But for now, Tuberville is the best coach for Auburn and Auburn is the best place for Tuberville. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

Phillip Marshall convenietly overlooks the entire relationship between TT and the BOTs. Truth of the matter is, Tubby starts losing a couple more games a year, or starts losing to Bama, recruiting declines, etc., folks at AU will be calling for his head and the BOT's will be licking their chops - regardless of how he's faired against "top 10 teams". It's amazing how many Barners act as if "Jet-gate" never occurred.

A&M, on the other hand, has hit rock bottom. At this point, all they can think about is beating their rivals, you hear little talk from them about National Championships. All you hear is Beat Tech, Beat UT, Beat OU. TT's resume reeks of big game wins.

If A&M offers 3.5 million, a little patience, and a lifetime supply of Q-tips...........He's gone.

Just MHO

This thread is amusing. Just because you guys really, really, REEEEEEEALLY want him gone, this means (logically) that he will be gone.

If you are that scared of him, just say so.

CTT is going nowhere. I don't know who started the aTm rumors, but they are accomplishing two things: 1) CTT and Auburn are dominating the state media right now, 2) nobody is saying a word about Saban...IOW the mancrush lovefest is OVER.

Keep dreaming that you guys will ever "dominate" again, because as long as CTT is at Auburn, not only is he the better coach, but he is the wiser of the two. And he ain't going anywhere my friends.

circledrill said:
This thread is amusing. Just because you guys really, really, REEEEEEEALLY want him gone, this means (logically) that he will be gone.

CTT is going nowhere. I don't know who started the aTm rumors, but they are accomplishing two things: 1) CTT and Auburn are dominating the state media right now, 2) nobody is saying a word about Saban...IOW the mancrush lovefest is OVER.

Keep dreaming that you guys will ever "dominate" again, because as long as CTT is at Auburn, not only is he the better coach, but he is the wiser of the two. And he ain't going anywhere my friends.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You Barners have cracked me up today telling us how we think and how scared we should be.

Outside of our two message boards, go to ANY neutral forum and give the poll, "Who would you rather have, Saban or Tubberville" and there is no doubt in my mind what people would say. Then again, of course, every Barner on Earth would corrupt the poll because visiting other sites other than your own is a thing for you guys. Don't get me wrong, I will lurk periodically at a rivals site but you guys actually go to our next opponents sites and start saying what swell guys THEY are and they will be pulling for TEAM X to beat Alabama. :lol: It's absolutely laughable and I see it all the time.

We are not worried about you or Tubberville, circledrill. I hope the big eared wonder stays around long enough for Saban to kick his ass for several years to come. No, I don't want Tubberville going anywhere! I want him right where he is. :twisted:

Bones82 said:
Proud Tiger said:
porkchop said:
[quote="Proud Tiger
Well, I'll tell you what P T. If Big Fan is saying that he thinks he'll be gone after this season I'm inclined to atleast entertain the offer of holding the kitty, if not take up the bet outright.

Sorry to be late responding but I just got in from Vegas this evening. Since Big Fan isn't willing to back up his post with a bet, it's your call. $100 says Tubs doesn't leave Auburn after this season and $500 says he retires as a FB coach at Auburn. I'm willing to make it a gentleman's word bet or let someone like Bama Bo or Atlanta Tider hold the kitty.

TT will not freakin' retire at Auburn. He sees the writing on the wall. Auburn better beat Bama this year or it is all downhill for TT and Auburn.

Things are actually gonna start going downhill Saturday night for the Barners. I have a feelin' them wounded Bayou Bengals will be out to make a statement, especially now that USF dropped out of the unbeaten ranks.

Les Miles was not too happy during his weekly coach's show.

It's funny how none of these Barners were lurking around here before their Florida game. Now you would think they were leading the West. :roll:

Reality check for the Barn come Saturday.

I very well may be wrong, but I have yet to understand why people think LSU is going to walk all over AU this weekend.

I firmly believe it's going to be a very tight game, a sloppy one at that.

circledrill said:

Same old drill. Out of your circle, jerking us around.

Perhaps we'll never return to 70's era dominance. I doubt any SEC team will, but for aubrun to have had its most "glorious" stretch and yet have just one SEC title over the past ten years to show for it is unimpressive. During this time, we've gone through one of the very worst periods in our history (providing you with an advantage) yet we have the same to show for it.

We are returning to an era where the State of Alabama isn't the most popular home for aubrun recruits. What does that mean long term? I'm not sure, but I'm not skeered.

Back to your circle before the lights come on.

RTR,

Tim

circledrill said:

The rumors are an orchestrated effort by the Red Elephants Club. They want Tubs gone. It's obvious if Tubs were gone it would greatly enhance Saban's chance of big success and the Bama powers that be cannot afford anything less.

bear facts said:
Bones82 said:
Proud Tiger said:
porkchop said:
[quote="Proud Tiger
Well, I'll tell you what P T. If Big Fan is saying that he thinks he'll be gone after this season I'm inclined to atleast entertain the offer of holding the kitty, if not take up the bet outright.

Sorry to be late responding but I just got in from Vegas this evening. Since Big Fan isn't willing to back up his post with a bet, it's your call. $100 says Tubs doesn't leave Auburn after this season and $500 says he retires as a FB coach at Auburn. I'm willing to make it a gentleman's word bet or let someone like Bama Bo or Atlanta Tider hold the kitty.

TT will not freakin' retire at Auburn. He sees the writing on the wall. Auburn better beat Bama this year or it is all downhill for TT and Auburn.

Things are actually gonna start going downhill Saturday night for the Barners. I have a feelin' them wounded Bayou Bengals will be out to make a statement, especially now that USF dropped out of the unbeaten ranks.

Les Miles was not too happy during his weekly coach's show.

It's funny how none of these Barners were lurking around here before their Florida game. Now you would think they were leading the West. :roll:

Reality check for the Barn come Saturday.

You should take the "facts" out of your handle. I've been here for several years.

Proud Tiger said:
The rumors are an orchestrated effort by the Red Elephants Club. They want Tubs gone. It's obvious if Tubs were gone it would greatly enhance Saban's chance of big success and the Bama powers that be cannot afford anything less.

Dang PT, I never pictured you as one of the Black Helicopter croud.

Proud Tiger said:
circledrill said:

Thats where you are dead wrong. I give Tubbs his credit. But lets be realstic here. Majority do not want him gone. They know, as well as everyone else, that CNS will get this program in the right direction regardless of who is coaching in AU. Look at recruiting. CNS had a better class than AU will end up with before he coached a game. If you can not see the writing on the wall then I feel for you. AU, regardless of what some think, had an impressive run. But all good things come to an end, even for Bama. Now it is our turn and we will see if we can bring the State of Alabama a championship. You had your turn, now its ours. I will not even go into the crippling sanctions because I do not want to use excuses. But the fact that you had such an impressive run and nothing to show for it, except your five fingers, just proves you will always be our little brother.

Proud Tiger said:

PT, I'm somewhat shocked here. "Rumors orchestrated effort from the REC?" That's just plain BS. Period. You make the REC look like some PR machine when they are nothing more than average fans getting together for meetings. Believe you me, the only time Auburn comes up in these meetings it's a joke. The last four REC meetings I've received reports on didn't have a thing to do with Tubs. Nothing.

The rumors are coming from the aTm crowd...their boosters and network.

Proud Tiger said:

tinfoil-hat.jpg

TerryP said:
Proud Tiger said:

PT, I'm somewhat shocked here. "Rumors orchestrated effort from the REC?" That's just plain BS. Period. You make the REC look like some PR machine when they are nothing more than average fans getting together for meetings. Believe you me, the only time Auburn comes up in these meetings it's a joke. The last four REC meetings I've received reports on didn't have a thing to do with Tubs. Nothing.

Terry, I was saying that tongue in cheek since this whole thread was filled with folks stating rumors as if they were facts. I'm at my Bama grad daughter's house in Orlando right now and she is laughing saying she can't believe a bunch of people actually waste time on these message boards. :D

Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:
Proud Tiger said:

Terry, I was saying that tongue in cheek since this whole thread was filled with folks stating rumors as if they were facts. I'm at my Bama grad daughter's house in Orlando right now and she is laughing saying she can't believe a bunch of people actually waste time on these message boards. :D

She wasn't raised right. OK, we won't call that your fault. :)

What most lack the understanding of is the fact that these message boards are a good two days ahead of what the media puts out.

Between the Clear Channel connections not to mention the oil barrels the $$ figure has nothing to do with these conversations.

There are talks going on behind the scenes...

Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:
She wasn't raised right. OK, we won't call that your fault. :)
quote]

You are right about that considering where she went to school :D

Lol.

As I stated before, it is reDONKulous to think that CTT would leave Auburn. His record speaks for itself. I am not worried about Auburn (though they may beat us this year). I am focused on ALABAMA football.

As Coach Saban says, we don't need to concern ourselves with what the other team is doing. If we do what WE are supposed to do then things will take care of themselves and we will be in the best position to win. We are already DOMINATING the recruiting compared to that other school and that is not a rumor.

Back
Top Bottom