| FTBL Where will Wingnut be come this January?

Where will Wingnut be this January?

• At new house thumbing his nose at Bobby Lowder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PineBox.jpg

RTR

It's legit. Yeah, it's time to panic, Auburn Nation. Yeah, if Tubs leaves the Plains, there will be a huge buyout ($6 million). But, a wad of cash never has stood between a major program and something it wanted.

Could something really be brewing? It really sounds like it. At the same time...I think CTT will just use this as leverage to get the Barnturds up to speed in terms of facilities and assistant pay.

I still really cannot see it happening in all honesty.

A lot of people always seem almost obsessed with rumors and idiots like Slimebaum thrive on it. But let me ask a question. I think all of you would readily say you would rather have Sabam than Tubs as HC. Why then would TAMU go after Tubs when they can get Saban cheaper?

Proud Tiger said:
A lot of people always seem almost obsessed with rumors and idiots like Slimebaum thrive on it. But let me ask a question. I think all of you would readily say you would rather have Sabam than Tubs as HC. Why then would TAMU go after Tubs when they can get Saban cheaper?

^^JO

Proud Tiger said:

They're aiming a little lower than Coach Saban, guess they don't want to waste their time. Don't ask us though...its TAMU that wants Tubbs...not us. :wink:

Tider 27 said:
Proud Tiger said:

They're aiming a little lower than Coach Saban, guess they don't want to waste their time. Don't ask us though...its TAMU that wants Tubbs...not us. :wink:

I think you miss my point. Assuming, as you do, Tubs is "lower" why pay more for him?

Proud Tiger said:
Tider 27 said:
Proud Tiger said:

I think you miss my point. Assuming, as you do, Tubs is "lower" why pay more for him?

Well thats my opinion(many others might think so also).

What makes you think they will actually pay more than Coach Saban's salary?

Proud Tiger said:
Why then would TAMU go after Tubs when they can get Saban cheaper?

Cheaper? I doubt that. Then again you are asking the wrong people of course. You should be asking the TAMU heads of state of course. Of course you were not really asking the question of course as much as you were trying to make a point. You fail.

Swamptick.....OK lets say TAMU is willing to pay a new HC $5-6M. Tub's current buyout is $6M so it would cost TAMU $11-12M thru the first year. Saban has no buyout so TAMU would get him for just the $5-6M. I wasn't trying to make any cute point, just asking if you were a PTB at TAMU whay wouldn't you offer Saban first.

Proud Tiger said:
Swamptick.....OK lets say TAMU is willing to pay a new HC $5-6M. Tub's current buyout is $6M so it would cost TAMU $11-12M thru the first year. Saban has no buyout so TAMU would get him for just the $5-6M. I wasn't trying to make any cute point, just asking if you were a PTB at TAMU whay wouldn't you offer Saban first.

Because Saban is not going to leave Alabama. He does not want to leave and has no reason to leave. Franchione only left because of the NCAA mess. Saban will win national titles at Bama...cannot do that as easily at A&M. There is also the beating that TAMU took in the media for luring a coach away from another big time program after only his second year. Saban is already viewed by some as damaged goods because of the way he left Miami...TAMU would not even try to hire him. Bottom line though...TAMU is a step up from Auburn and a step down from Bama.

Saban has his coaching staff assembled, a system in place, and the makings of a top 3 recruiting class in place. He would be a complete idiot to go to TAMU and start over...not to mention that he has no ties there.

Tuberville has ties to TAMU and wants to leave Auburn, regardless of what you want to believe. He has been waiting on the right situation to open up since Lowder's plane ride.

Regardless of who TAMU goes after, money is not an issue. The 6M buyout of Tubbs is peanuts for TAMU. They have more money than Alabama and Auburn combined and are getting rid of Fran for a fraction of the cost.

I am not wishing for Tubbs to go to TAMU, but the "souses" are telling me that it is probably going to happen.

Proud Tiger said:
I wasn't trying to make any cute point, just asking if you were a PTB at TAMU whay wouldn't you offer Saban first.

My apologies. I see your point but allow me to interject the fact that the only reason for Saban to leave would be for even more money so it might not be as cheap as you think. The chances of that are less than none imo for the reasons listed by Big_Fan.

Big_Fan said:
Bottom line though...TAMU is a step up from Auburn and a step down from Bama.

See...as bad as I dislike Auburn, I still don't agree with this. Auburn is a better job than TAMU. Less pressure and CTT has a good thing going over there. The only reason I see CTT leaving is because he does not want the constant presure that CNS and crew will put on that program in the comming years. Who would want to share the state with Coach Saban?

All in all though..CTT is no coward and is a good football coach. Kudos to TAMU for trying to woo him but it won't happen. The result will be better facilities for AU. I hate that.

Big_Fan said:
Proud Tiger said:

Because Saban is not going to leave Alabama. He does not want to leave and has no reason to leave. Franchione only left because of the NCAA mess. Saban will win national titles at Bama...cannot do that as easily at A&M. There is also the beating that TAMU took in the media for luring a coach away from another big time program after only his second year. Saban is already viewed by some as damaged goods because of the way he left Miami...TAMU would not even try to hire him. Bottom line though...TAMU is a step up from Auburn and a step down from Bama.

Saban has his coaching staff assembled, a system in place, and the makings of a top 3 recruiting class in place. He would be a complete idiot to go to TAMU and start over...not to mention that he has no ties there.

Tuberville has ties to TAMU and wants to leave Auburn, regardless of what you want to believe. He has been waiting on the right situation to open up since Lowder's plane ride.

Regardless of who TAMU goes after, money is not an issue. The 6M buyout of Tubbs is peanuts for TAMU. They have more money than Alabama and Auburn combined and are getting rid of Fran for a fraction of the cost.

I am not wishing for Tubbs to go to TAMU, but the "souses" are telling me that it is probably going to happen.

Good answer by you and Swamptick. But I disagree with you wholeheartedly that Tubs wants to leave Auburn. Maybe you know him and the situation better than I but I doubt it. I think I know him and his family pretty well. Tubs and I are involved in a common real estate venture in Auburn and I know his wife and kids as well. I talked to one of his closest friends just today. I am NOT saying that there is no amount of money that couldn't get Tubs to leave but I just think you are dead wrong that he WANTS to leave. That's why I have been openly offering a bet on his leaving. But I ramble so will end it. Guess we just have a difference of opinion.

Proud Tiger said:
Big_Fan said:
Proud Tiger said:

Good answer by you and Swamptick. But I disagree with you wholeheartedly that Tubs wants to leave Auburn. Maybe you know him and the situation better than I but I doubt it. I think I know him and his family pretty well. Tubs and I are involved in a common real estate venture in Auburn and I know his wife and kids as well. I talked to one of his closest friends just today. I am NOT saying that there is no amount of money that couldn't get Tubs to leave but I just think you are dead wrong that he WANTS to leave. That's why I have been openly offering a bet on his leaving. But I ramble so will end it. Guess we just have a difference of opinion. Like Swamptick says, I think all the hoopla about him leaving is just jockeying for some facilities and more pay for his assistants. I think we are much more likely to lose a top ass't than the HC.

Swamptick said:
Big_Fan said:
Bottom line though...TAMU is a step up from Auburn and a step down from Bama.

See...as bad as I dislike Auburn, I still don't agree with this. Auburn is a better job than TAMU. Less pressure and CTT has a good thing going over there. The only reason I see CTT leaving is because he does not want the constant presure that CNS and crew will put on that program in the comming years. Who would want to share the state with Coach Saban?

All in all though..CTT is no coward and is a good football coach. Kudos to TAMU for trying to woo him but it won't happen. The result will be better facilities for AU. I hate that.

The pressure at Auburn and TAMU is normally comparable. The money and benefits at TAMU is better. TAMU has more and better tradition than the barn. The pressure will be higher at Auburn after Saban gets a couple of his recruiting classes in and slaps Auburn around a couple of times.
TT is not a coward per say...but he is no fool either.

I think Proud Tiger hit it on the head when he said that CTT does not want to leave.

99% of the time when a coach leaves a program it is because he genuinely wants a way out of there. I just don't see CTT wanting to leave a program that he has built up, recruited well and dominated his true rival at.

Why would he leave talent filled AU for crappy TAMU? I hope he leaves. I think he is a good coach but I still hope he leaves. I don't like him (nothing personal) and I don't want him in the state ever again. I think Coach Saban is a better coach but CTT is a good one too and will never make things easy on us.

Swamptick said:
Why would he leave talent filled AU for crappy TAMU?

Exactly. Way too many people are buying into this crap that it is all about the money. Money is something that motivates most people, but why would you take a step DOWN on the career ladder for no real change in your quality of life (money wise), when you are already at a place where your best team of your career is coming in the next 2-3 years?

It does not make any sense. It is crazy just how bad the spin machines have gotten this one out of control, though.

Back
Top Bottom