| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

I remember getting the Forrest Davis magazine growing up. Collecting them, then looking back and seeing how 3 star players were slowly developed, earning more and more playing time. I remember hearing and seeing how almost every player had always dreamed of playing for Alabama. These days are almost gone, and it's really sad.

20 Might be overselling it a bit, but I think 15 would be about right. One thing we have going for us is a lot of our positions are up for grabs during the off-season so some guys think they have a shot to take some spots. I would expect it to creep higher come Spring Portal though for sure.

On a handful, it's going to come down to... can (will) Saban keep them.

I remember getting the Forrest Davis magazine growing up. Collecting them, then looking back and seeing how 3 star players were slowly developed, earning more and more playing time. I remember hearing and seeing how almost every player had always dreamed of playing for Alabama. These days are almost gone, and it's really sad.

Was thinking about his old magazines last night... I used to buy them and read them at school.

As things continue to unfold, there is a likelihood that a couple of entries into the portal will have some of the more emotionally charged Bama fans breathing into a paper bag and thinking the program is in a death spiral. My advice to them... unless/until changes are made to the NIL and transfer rules... get used to it. Overall, approximately 20 players are expected to be on the way out (I think the number is at 7 right now).
This represents 95% of all message board posters.

Yep, the Dynasty is over.

As things continue to unfold, there is a likelihood that a couple of entries into the portal will have some of the more emotionally charged Bama fans breathing into a paper bag and thinking the program is in a death spiral. My advice to them... unless/until changes are made to the NIL and transfer rules... get used to it. Overall, approximately 20 players are expected to be on the way out (I think the number is at 7 right now).
Just looking at the depth chart, hopefully nobody from this list? Not even counting any of our 2023 guys.
Milroe
Hale
Law
Bond
Proctor
Booker
Roberts
Niblack
JAM
Haynes
Oatis
Keenan
Alexander
Lawson
Campbell
Amos
Downs

Last edited:
He will get grief from here to eternity for his low/premature snap issues but I wish him well. His snap issue was a small fraction of his plays. They get magnified based on their visibility.
His issues were that they were magnified because they happened on some of the most crucial drives and situations when we needed some positive momentum. He was a drive killer. Kinda like a guy who gets penalties all the time for holding...it's hard to argue that he didn't cost Bama that game. I can still believe this though and wish him the best of luck elsewhere in his life. A lot of people think he should swap to guard and I tend to agree, he doesn't have the mental ability of a center.

Went to church with Forrest back in the 70s/80s. He married one of my friends’ sister. Good guy. I was so hungry for college football news that I always got one of his magazines as soon as they hit the racks.

Back
Top Bottom