| FTBL The sport’s pundits are providing Saban with kegs of good rat poison.

Davestwin

It’s been years since the pundits and sports writers have discounted Bama so much like they have going into this season. As an example, all of the preseason magazines have the pups rated across the board with the top 1 or 2 units in just about every position group versus other SEC foes. In years past Bama clearly dominated those rankings. It’s also funny two of the magazines have Smart and Saban listed as co number 1’s as the best coach in the league. And for the first time since 2010, Phil Steele only has 2 Bama units in the top five … two! Steele has the QB’s at 41, RB’s at 15, WR’s at 7, OL at 22, DL at 16, LB’s at 16, DB’s and ST’s at 4. Personally, I love it. I know some of my fellow Tide fans say locker board material doesn’t make a difference but I believe it does. Certainly not as much in the NFL but at the collegiate level, they’re kids in grown man bodies. And no one uses the good rat poison better than Saban. I can’t wait for the season to start! And we finally have a great home schedule so we the fans should be rocking the house! I wouldn’t sell my LSU or especially my vile’s tickets for anything. I so hope my beloved Tide stomps a mud hole through the orange nation with a blowout victory! RTR!

Hopefully, Saban was right when he said we were hungry this year… if we are indeed hungry instead of entitled, like we have become some seasons, we can do great things… but we just have to stay hungry EVERY game all season… as well as HEALTHY…

It is definitely setting up for the stars to align. I think when you have a team like ours that doesn't have the absolute stars of a Bryce Young, or Will Anderson.......you get more of a team mentality. I'm sure someone one will rise up and be a stud defensively and offensively, but we don't have those returning per se. Saban said the best game we played last year was the Sugar Bowl. The guys that played, did so as a team and everyone that was there, wanted to be there. I like where we are ranked pre-season. Been a while since we have got to hunt rather than be hunted.

Saban stated the supporting casts around Anderson and Bryce maybe didn't work or prepare as hard. They were waiting on one of those two to make a play. Certainly seen it happen in the past where there are a couple of studs and they are really good but the supporting cast is what ends up being the downfall of the team for a game or two.

Honestly last year was a significant down year. Way more close games and of course more losses. There could easily have been 1 or 2 more losses.

Saban stated the supporting casts around Anderson and Bryce maybe didn't work or prepare as hard. They were waiting on one of those two to make a play. Certainly seen it happen in the past where there are a couple of studs and they are really good but the supporting cast is what ends up being the downfall of the team for a game or two.

Honestly last year was a significant down year. Way more close games and of course more losses. There could easily have been 1 or 2 more losses.
Could say the same about UGA - “could easily have been 1or 2 more losses “. But, I agree with you about Bama also.

Back
Top Bottom