| FTBL Our Rat Poison

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
It has been a while since I have posted. The reasons are not really important, but I feel the need to at this moment. Alabama is not in decline, yes, I will say this again, Alabama is not in decline. I have watched, witnessed and even attended many games. Watched them win in close games, lose in close games. Witnessed Coach Bryant to Coach Saban and all coaches in between. From Perkins to Curry, fRan to Its rolling baby Mike Price and his A-Day game, which is the only "game" that guy ever coached here. Watched and even met the other Mike's.
Cue Coach Saban, 6 National Championships, Coaching staff attrition second to none. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. Whether or not you like the OC,DC hires, matters not. What does matter, is the support YOU give to this program. We can run these assistant coaches out on a rail or we can let the PROCESS do it for us. I tend to believe there is more to the story than the fact Pete Golding left because of his coaching, more like the pressure to him, family and whatever forced him out. Say what you will, we are a rabid fan base and we do effect things Alabama Football more than we think.
Coach Saban has got this, if you don't believe me, look at the past. Hell, we went 11-2 and the sky is falling with some. His days are numbered here so sit back and enjoy what we have with him. As always Roll Tide! Thanks for reading.

It has been a while since I have posted.
giphy.gif

True story Terry, I got to meet THE BEAR, and all I could muster up was a Roll Tide, he patted me on the head sat me on that low sinking couch, signed me a autograph and ushered my Roll Tide ass right out of the office. I didnt wash my hair for weeks.
Somewhat related, back in the 60’s, there was the Dental Clinic game at Legion Field. It was a reward for 4 of the better teams in Jefferson County, 2 divisions, Little 6 and the Big 6, and a fund raiser for a traveling dentist office for families that couldn’t afford a dentist. A team manager (ball boy, gopher) from a local team showered in every shower at Legion Field so he could say he showered where Leroy Jordan did. Guessing today he could have videoed it and put on TicToc?

Somewhat related, back in the 60’s, there was the Dental Clinic game at Legion Field. It was a reward for 4 of the better teams in Jefferson County, 2 divisions, Little 6 and the Big 6, and a fund raiser for a traveling dentist office for families that couldn’t afford a dentist. A team manager (ball boy, gopher) from a local team showered in every shower at Legion Field so he could say he showered where Leroy Jordan did. Guessing today he could have videoed it and put on TicToc?
Thats funny my friend.

It has been a while since I have posted. The reasons are not really important, but I feel the need to at this moment. Alabama is not in decline, yes, I will say this again, Alabama is not in decline. I have watched, witnessed and even attended many games. Watched them win in close games, lose in close games. Witnessed Coach Bryant to Coach Saban and all coaches in between. From Perkins to Curry, fRan to Its rolling baby Mike Price and his A-Day game, which is the only "game" that guy ever coached here. Watched and even met the other Mike's.
Cue Coach Saban, 6 National Championships, Coaching staff attrition second to none. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. Whether or not you like the OC,DC hires, matters not. What does matter, is the support YOU give to this program. We can run these assistant coaches out on a rail or we can let the PROCESS do it for us. I tend to believe there is more to the story than the fact Pete Golding left because of his coaching, more like the pressure to him, family and whatever forced him out. Say what you will, we are a rabid fan base and we do effect things Alabama Football more than we think.
Coach Saban has got this, if you don't believe me, look at the past. Hell, we went 11-2 and the sky is falling with some. His days are numbered here so sit back and enjoy what we have with him. As always Roll Tide! Thanks for reading.

Roll Tide Sir & it's good to see you back on...

Back
Top Bottom