| CURRENT EVENTS The Presidential Race:

And that’s what they deserve for inviting a political candidate into a church to hold a political rally. Invite the politician —> you get the police. Furthermore when you seek special privileges from the State, like tax exemption, you effectively become subservient to the State. You start serving or worshiping the entity from which you receive blessings. Pure idolatry. The result is a neutered and docile State Church, without the State having to employ clergy itself. The State just passes the tax burden of the clergy to the rest of us while the clergy becomes surrogates, liaisons, or chaplains of State power. Someone once said you cannot serve two masters. This same person said the Kingdom isn’t ‘here’ or ‘there’ but within us.

Last edited:
Being tax exempt while nonetheless benefiting from the plethora of public goods and services funded by taxation.
What? "Benefiting from the plethora of...funded by taxation?"

For the record. I've always had a hard time with political speeches in churches. All the while, at any given moment, the screams of "separation of church and state."

I wonder what people would say, let's put them as N. Carolina residents, about tax exemption for their church.

What? "Benefiting from the plethora of...funded by taxation?"
Not having to pay taxes is a blessing. Being the recipient or consumer of an assortment of goods and services that the government provides while other tax payers pay for it, is also a benefit. What’s difficult to understand about this?
For the record. I've always had a hard time with political speeches in churches. All the while, at any given moment, the screams of "separation of church and state."
Ditto. Why seemingly so few self-identified Christians don’t also share this sentiment demonstrates how effective tax-exemption was in reestablishing a state church after the intelligentsia demanded a church-state separation. It’s intended to blur the line between Church and State to reduce opposition to rulers. This was after all why Rome adopted Christianity: to domesticate its adherents and elicit political support from a popular cult that initially didn’t accommodate Roman imperium.
I wonder what people would say, let's put them as N. Carolina residents, about tax exemption for their church.
I don’t follow what you mean here.

Not having to pay taxes is a blessing. Being the recipient or consumer of an assortment of goods and services that the government provides while other tax payers pay for it, is also a benefit. What’s difficult to understand about this?
That. The government provides?
I don’t follow what you mean here.
Only a select few complain about tax exemption for a church. In my opinion, it's based on the bad apples pointed to rather than the effect it provides.

Hence, N. Carolina. That ain't the gov helping.

Should have stopped before that one. Genuinely as full of shit as a Christmas goose.

tenor.gif

He’s got a genuine hate for the “church”
I only hate organizations that offer fraudulent remedies, for ailments that they also invent, by means of prescriptions which protect their power, by preying upon the common fear of death. Geez I feel like I’m describing the pharmaceutical industry just as well as organized religion. Haha. If you all could only understand that both organizations share similar origin stories…

Back
Top Bottom